What's new

"best" shaving cream

Derby lavender shave cream (I got my locally, but you can get it online) is cheap as chips and produces a thick, slick lather. Nothing elaborate, just simple cream

There are some great products listed here. The three mainstay creams in my rotation are;

Castle Forbes Lavender
T&H Trafalgar
Proraso (used the most now that summer in here)

i recognize this is very subjective and variable from face to face, but i wanted to hear from veterans what your top ranked cream is. I mainly use NB and proraso and wanted to see what the highest end creams are for me to expand into. thanks.

For many years my top 3 creams have been: Castle Forbes Lime,Trumpers Coconut and Acqua di Parma. Followed quite closely in 4th place by DR Harris Arlington. All are superb creams.

Craig

i only use one cream and have tried only 3, proraso red sandalwood. found a permanent love. i use mainly soaps: arko and DR harris

I think for me the cheaper ones have out done the expensive ones. The expensive ones have amazing fragrances, but aside from that, I get the best performance from....

Musgo Real
Proraso
Speick

thank you. I thought I was the only one. I sometimes use noxema, drop some in my tupperware full of arko and make some killer lather and oh sooooo slick. face does tighten after arko so aftershave is a must followed by a good moisturizer. but with noxema the oils do help. also i can drop creams in there.

My three best performing creams: AOS sandalwood, proraso red sandalwood, and TOBS sandalwood. The scent is a preference and has nothing to do with performance. I've tried Trumpers, RR, C&E, KMF, they're nothing special IMO. That being said, I get better lather from soaps than any of my creams.

The best cream is the one that makes you feel like a million bucks after a shave. For me that is AoS sandalwood. I'm sure there is a better performing cream for the $$$, especially since they just raised prices, but I love the scent.

Bluebeards Revenge (Dreadnought)
TOBS Jermyn Street

I'm quite new to DE shaving but I enjoy both of these very much. I recently received a TOBS sampler set from Fendrihan that they themselves put together....it's a great way to sample all the TOBS scents for a reasonable admission price

Top Bottom