What's new

Review: Pharmacist's Terra Incinerata Ink

This is the second of three reviews I have planned for Pharmacist’s “fancy” iron gall inks. It is actually the third review I completed and is the shortest. I love all three inks, but I guess I just had less to say about this ink because it is the most subtle of the three.
Pen: Hero 330

Ink form: Hammermill Tidal MP paper

Review: AMPAD efficiency legal pad paper

This is the second of the three “fancy” iron gall inks I got in the mail today from Pharmacist of the Fountain Pen Network. I got so excited by this one I immediately inked a pen with the third color (Darkening Absinthe) and was so in love with that color I paused this review to write that one! The three inks are all outstanding and unlike any other ink I have tried.

By far, this is the most subtle of the inks. It moves from a sort of mossy green to a solid brown. The color shifts over the course of a few minutes (maybe 2 or 3) but likely will continue to darken a bit over the next few hours (note: no, not that I can tell — it’s darkens almost 100% of the way within about 40 seconds).

In this pen, this ink is maybe a -1 in dryness. It isn’t quite as dry as the Oriens-Occidens.

The three pack of inks was about $40 shipped from Belgium to me. It was very well worth it.

Video (note it is in the wrong orientation, my apologies):

Handwritten review:

Terra Incinerata by Erechtheus, on Flickr

Before water test, after water test, and photo of ink form:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom