What's new

Koala's Favorite PIF

This is my first PIF. Some of you may recognize me from some recent gripe sessions, as I'm slowly coming to terms that my skin is sensitive to some things. Well, I think it's high time that you folks take advantage of my pain! My recent skirmish was against a tub of Omega shave soap. After three rounds, the soap won. I admitted defeat and walked away, head down, face on fire.

My isolated experience aside, this soap is overall fantastic. On first whiff, you are run over by a freight train of eucalyptus. This doesn't smell exactly like Proraso, as there is no menthol. It's just plain, straight eucalyptus. This is, I believe, an Italian soft soap -- it's consistency is somewhat like a very condensed cream. After soaking and shaking out my Tweezerman brush, I would swirl the tips of the brush on top of the soap for less than half a minute to receive more than enough rich lather for a good three pass shave. Again, this iteration of the soap is not mentholated, so there isn't really an icy cooling sensation, although the eucalyptus oil is naturally soothing itself. This version also does not contain lanolin, as some previous versions. It provides excellent cushion, and is very slick.

As I said, the soap has been used a total of three times, so there really isn't even a dent in it. It comes in a small, black plastic tub with a snap-on lid.
If you're interested, just reply here to let me know that you're in (CONUS only, sorry). I will take all the submissions from now until the end of next Monday, May 28 (11:59pm EST), and then use the magic of random.org to select a winner the next day sometime between classes. Enjoy, gentlemen!

Am I doing this right? :lol:

$Photo May 22, 7 40 17 PM.jpg
$Photo May 22, 7 39 41 PM.jpg$Photo May 22, 7 39 50 PM.jpg

I'm definitely in. I'm a total newbie so this would be my second soap. Let me know how this works and ill be glad to PIF in the future!

And you're the first person I PIFed to. Hope you're finding good stuff that works for you.

I like eucalyptus and would like to try this soap. I'm in. Thanks!

Top Bottom