Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, my wife caught on . . .

Default Well, my wife caught on . . .

I just told my wife that I'm sending my Gillette Slim to get replated. After she found out the price, she pointed out that I sure am spending a lot of money on something that was supposed to save money.

How long did it take your wives to catch on? It only took mine about 2 months.

Tell her.."yes honey, the razor will still last many years..but stay looking pretty"

Youve gotta start shipping things to your buddies house!!!
    Toby

Quote Originally Posted by stromboy84 View Post
    I just told my wife that I'm sending my Gillette Slim to get replated. After she found out the price, she pointed out that I sure am spending a lot of money on something that was supposed to save money.

How long did it take your wives to catch on? It only took mine about 2 months.
    SHHHHHHHHHHH dang it.
    Proud member of the BOTOC

I tried to explain that since the blades are so much less expensive, it'll save money in the long run. I still don't think she believes me.

She don't ask, I don't tell.
    Woody / Proud Member of the BOTOC!

Lanesborough, In the "other" Massachusetts

My wife doesn't get involved, she thinks its crazy anyway.
    Regards, Paul

I dont ask about her clothes, she doesn't ask about my razors. All is well.

9. Default

My EX Wife never liked the concept of wet shaving or Badger and Blade...... she thought it was a complete waste of time and money.....

My current Wife wears Floris, and Penhaligons, and actually set up my shave den in our home we now live in together.

I am so much happier now obviously.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 051512 153.jpg  
    Mike

My wife said it's either her or the Razors, I sometimes wonder how she is doing.

Jk. she tired of asking me what is in those boxes I get, plus the mail man know to hide the pkgs under the bench.
    Im just having fun :o)

LOL, my husband has no idea how fortunate he is, apparently! For him, though, saving money was never the object. A better, smoother shave was. It has the pleasant side effect of less trash going into the landfills, which really appeals to me. Not only do I support his shaving hobby, but I've become a convert myself. I love it! I've been recommending this way of shaving to all of my female friends and family. :)

Images

Quote Originally Posted by antique hoosier View Post
    my ex wife never liked the concept of wet shaving or badger and blade...... She thought it was a complete waste of time and money.....

My current wife wears floris, and penhaligons, and actually set up my shave den in our home we now live in together.

winner!!!
    mark

"“one learns to think through books; one learns to live through women”

- Arthur Koestler- “The Invisible Writing.”

Owes Ouch two kitten carcasses.[Delivered]

Images

this is funny..........
    Steward in the B&B Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In forum - Click here for Hall Of Fame

I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can shave again.

Quote Originally Posted by Antique Hoosier View Post
    My EX Wife never liked the concept of wet shaving or Badger and Blade...... she thought it was a complete waste of time and money.....

My current Wife wears Floris, and Penhaligons, and actually set up my shave den in our home we now live in together.

And she's pretty ....added bonus!!!

My ex wife and my current GF both think I'm nuts on Traditional Wet Shaving.....maybe I need to go back on Match.com and put i'm a crazy wet shaver in my profile! LOL!
    ΘΣ of Open Comb Shaving; Founder of BOTOC (Brotherhood of the Open Comb) ~ Ken

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbishop View Post
    And she's pretty ....added bonus!!!

My ex wife and my current GF both think I'm nuts on Traditional Wet Shaving.....maybe I need to go back on Match.com and put i'm a crazy wet shaver in my profile! LOL!
    Even better, start a dating site for wet shavers?

My wife has expensive hobbies of generally questionable merit (when taken to the extent I have, trust me...It is.) as well, so she has no "high ground" from which to criticize my RAD.

I know how lucky I am.
    "Fortes fortuna adiuvat"

Wow, lucky you! She's a keeper! Lol. My wife has totally come around but does ask now & then how much I spent. Nothing rude mind you just keeping check of the finances. When I tell her my scores she's all happy:)

I know where you are, Zen with a woman is something few of us get to experience. Well it isn't ALL Zen...but mostly.
    "Fortes fortuna adiuvat"

Images

My wife caught on too, but I mentioned that my previous hobby of "off handed crossbow marksman" is a ton more dangerous, so she is fine.
    [B]You are disoriented. Blackness swims toward you like a school of eels who have just seen something that eels like a lot.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by suliabryon View Post
    LOL, my husband has no idea how fortunate he is, apparently! For him, though, saving money was never the object. A better, smoother shave was. It has the pleasant side effect of less trash going into the landfills, which really appeals to me. Not only do I support his shaving hobby, but I've become a convert myself. I love it! I've been recommending this way of shaving to all of my female friends and family. :)
    Great for you, member sister! Spread the word!
    Laughter, love and shaving!

Celestino