What's new

Well, my wife caught on . . .

My "Baby Momma" as I like to call her took about 2 weeks. After having read the response on B&B and being prepared to use it, when she asked I responded "I won't ask about your shoes, if you don't ask about the shaving. Or the surfboards. Or the kiteboards. Or the motorcycles..." then I went out and bought her a pair of heels (win for me anyways!) :thumbup1:

No Problem Chris, glad you like it.

I use the cover of plating razors for you guys to enable me to slip in my own vintage purchases.

'More parcels Dave?'

'yes, just from the guys sending me a razor to plate'

'Oh, OK'

(Three packages to plate and two for me to play with :)

My wife's quite happy, fortunately my nibblings of AD tend to be towards creams and soaps, both of which are fairly inexpensive, and she much prefers the scent over the canned goop. She's also happy that I enjoy shaving now rather than moaning about it.

Now that I think about it, after her grandma died she was going through some of her stuff and found her granddad's Gillette Tech. She's pleased that I've had it restored (thanks Onotoman!) and am using it rather than it just getting thrown out, or being left in a box and forgotten.

I started all this while my wife and I were doing a long distance relationship. She was in Chicago, I was in London. Now that we're living together again she's not quite sure what to make of it. She prefers me unshaven, so I compromise by not shaving Sat & Sun. But she likes the smells, and thinks my Muhle R106 is quite pretty. If it all coordinated, I think i'd be on safer ground. Luckily Muhle do brushes and stands too, and I've been dropping hints.

She also gets a perverse kick out of telling her friends that I'm into Bikes, Vintage shaving, and Fountain pens. You should see the looks I get.

I haven't even bought my first DE yet and my wife already knows that it's not a cheap hobby to get into...

:a36:

The trick is to never go in with the premise of saving $ :001_smile

^ This.. I didnt mention anything about saving so I haven't yet heard anything about the money. What I do get is "You have more products than me" "You take so long to shave your face and it only takes me a minute to shave everything" "You're always saying smell this or smell that, it's something new every day isn't it?"

The way I see it is my lady buys new flip-flops almost weekly and she makes her own money like I make mine. So in short, if she bitches all I have to say is practice what you preach.

My wife has gone from skeptical to almost proselytizing. Somehow the subject of shaving came up at her ladies night out this past week; I think they were talking about an antique mall. My wife told them that now that I'm into safety razor shaving, we can enjoy going to antique malls together.

The others have quizzical looks. "But it really works," my wife says. One of the others chimes in "My husband has a 5 o'clock shadow by noon" and my wife shoots back, "So did my husband before he started shaving with a safety razor. Now he looks great all the time." (My wife hates facial hair and despises the popular "stubble" look, by the way.)

So, I figure I have her where I want her.

My wife knew when i first started that this was gonna cost $$ i didn't do this to save money. i got into this because shaving was painfull and it sucked. now i enjoy it and she enjoys that i am well groomed and always smell good. (she loves sandalwood and qcs's key lime) When i say "i bought a new razor" she says "cool" or "oh, i dont like gold" but she never questions my spending. I know that i spend too much, but i can afford it so i don't care. i am just enjoying the ride. i have been able to try every modern high end razor with the exception of pils (ugly imo) and someday i may settle of my favorite but for now i am just trying everything.

I am lucky in the fact that I have been able to trade service for my razor's. That being said she thinks I'm nuts for needing more than one. to many hobbies over too many years I guess. Now I just need to find more wet shaving websites to build for people....

p.s. will code for razor's.... heh

As im living with my parents still i have extra cash, i buy what i want basically, as long as all my bills are covered first :) SWMBO moans that i have to much but ah well :p

lol... Well, first of all... when you stop shaving... they will understand that a clean face is worth a good razor! =P Second of all, I`ve explained that it is a hobby and one well worth having because peak oil is upon us and I will still have a clean face even when we loose electricity! lol... To this she rolls her eyes but laughs and lets me have my fun! How lucky am I?! =)

Top Bottom