What's new

Well, my wife caught on . . .

I tell her they ony cost $6 or $7 on EBay and then I get my fingers black polishing them and it seems to work.....

I got my wife interested in wet shaving just recently and today she sent me a link to a razor listing (for a ridiculous price) just because she thought the case it was in was pretty. I do think I may be able to talk her into some purchases.

There was never any need to catch on for my wife. She not only knows that this is more of a hobby than a money saving venture, she's also very supportive of it and is even thinking of starting to use a DE herself. She helps me look for razors when we go to antique malls, she's bought me shaving gear, and she's even looking forward to when our son is old enough for me to teach him to shave.

My wife just thinks the whole thing of me getting into this shaving "hobby" is funny but I just tell her it's a man's thing. She thinks the cleaning and restoring of str8's, DE and brushes as just something to keep me busy and no problems there. The once 3 minute cartridge shave is now a half hour exercise in what she now calls "primping". However after 40 years she realizes that once I get involved with something I jump in with both feet so it's been more or less a normal reaction from her. I bought her a Blue Lady Gillette because she thought I was wasting razor blades by throwing them out after one to three shaves and that she would be able to get use out of them which she does. She does look out for razors for me at yard sales so she's more or less behind me on this venture.

My wife's quite happy, fortunately my nibblings of AD tend to be towards creams and soaps, both of which are fairly inexpensive, and she much prefers the scent over the canned goop. She's also happy that I enjoy shaving now rather than moaning about it.

Now that I think about it, after her grandma died she was going through some of her stuff and found her granddad's Gillette Tech. She's pleased that I've had it restored (thanks Onotoman!) and am using it rather than it just getting thrown out, or being left in a box and forgotten.

My wife is Russian. She showed up carrying a Soviet era open comb DE razor. Now you know why Russian women are so popular. They arrive digging traditional shaving.

Mine has never said a word and never will. She has everything she wants or needs so she does not question my spending habits.

I try to maintain a cap of $200/month for personal spending, unless of course a deal is just too good to pass up.

My wife is home on matt leave with our 6 month old baby. So when the boxes come in the mail theres a nice piece of paper with a price tag on the box cover that she likes to look at. ohhh i hate that piece of paper lol.

Even better, start a dating site for wet shavers?

It's in the subforums. You haven't seen it?

Mine asks be about stuff and I just tell her I got it in a trade. More often than not, I'm being truthful. Heck, I'm always truthful. I traded money for the object.

My EX Wife never liked the concept of wet shaving or Badger and Blade...... she thought it was a complete waste of time and money.....

My current Wife wears Floris, and Penhaligons, and actually set up my shave den in our home we now live in together.

I am so much happier now obviously.....

Stay Classy my man

I dont ask about her clothes, she doesn't ask about my razors. All is well.
Yea, that's pretty much it. Once in a while she raises an eyebrow over my third box in the mail all in the same week. But then I remind her of the walk in closet up stairs that is filled to the ceiling with her shoes. Now she say's she needs some of my closet to hold everything.

My EX Wife never liked the concept of wet shaving or Badger and Blade...... she thought it was a complete waste of time and money.....

My current Wife wears Floris, and Penhaligons, and actually set up my shave den in our home we now live in together.

I am so much happier now obviously.....

Congratualtions! Wish you and your wife many more happy years.

Steve

This is great. Everything I do is on the cheap, so it's not enough to be a blip on a radar. She just doesn't like I have something that smells bad.

Top Bottom