What's new

The Goods! Straight Razor Hobbyist Gallery

This one got a full treatment.
The blade had some corrosion spotting that I cleaned up. The original scales had a chip right behind the wedge , it was too big to try and remove without making the scales look weird. I made a new set contoured them and transferred the overlay. For the scales I used Lava Flow kirinite, red acrylic wedge, brass pins and stainless washers.

Finished restoring this 13/16 1/4 hollow Japanese Boso. Used Ghost Jade G10 for the scales, and orange acrylic for the wedge. The blade had minor pitting on one side, but it cleaned up very well. Minimal hone wear and it will make top notch shaver.

This was one of the posts I was missing while away. Straight razor pron. The artistry and craftsmanship you ladies and gentlemen have is amazing. I am glad I get to enjoy these masterpieces once again, if it only through pictures.

I have no fancy camera or a wealthy collection, but these are mine. :)

My favourite, the 'Baron', lovely German blade in great condition, shaves a treat. (covered in balistol oil to keep it safe)

My pair of Kropps in a tatty but nice box. The smaller one is my uder, nice in the hand, feel surgical compared to my big Baron. The other needs a full revamop and hone as it was nasty when I got it and I;ve only cleaned off minor blemishes so far.

I've also got one of those Gold Dollar 66 razors, it shaves.. but I'm going to modify it for fun.

Top Bottom