What's new

The Goods! Straight Razor Hobbyist Gallery

Are the notches evenly spaced on both sides or are they alternating?

Yes.

They were supposed to be alternating, but it's damn hard with all the compound angles to get everything to come out right, so they are a alternativevenly spaced (tm):tongue_sm

Working on the second worked back. This one had some serious pitting to overcome, so it is still in process. It was marked as "Apollo", but is exactly like my Sum-Extre (which I also gave a high lustre polish...).

Figured I'd better get up to my ol' shenanagins, before Fnord's fiddlings catch up!

Last edited:
:tongue:

Beautiful. I'll make sure to hang around the classifieds once my comp time check lands in a few weeks and keep my fingers crossed that these should happen to find their way...

nice one, you make those boring DAs nice and puuuurty.

i call dibs on your first double thumb notch!! (some elephant escapades perhaps?)

This time I made a new scale laminate: aluminum, beewing sapele and acrylic. This may well be my new standard!

Okay....so overall this looks pretty sweet, however it is actually all second rate stuff: the worked back is unevenly ground, as I overstepped my bounds in trying to do compound angles on both sides freehand....:rolleyes:

And the scale laminate has small air bubble inclusions.

All part of the learning curve! Next time I'll get it right!:w00t:

Last edited:
More stuff in the pipeline:

left to right:
Worked back Apollo
Worked back DA (the thumbnotch is only magic-markered on as of now...:tongue:)
Spanish point Hunter & Sons hand forged wedge
John Ho&*^* (stamp was illegible to begin with) 1/2 hollow
Karnak 1/2 hollow
Tornblom full hollow with reworked tip to remove unsightly chip that had previously been there (no thumbnotch for that one, as it has really excellently cut jimps, so I'll leave it as-is)

Ho hum....just another DA, nothing to see here, move along people...move along...:wink:

(I kinda like how it turned out:w00t:)
Szechuan point, "General Gao" scalloped worked back, with JumbJimps and of course a thumbnotch. Spalted maple acryluminum(patents pending) scales

And a joint venture of S&L enterprises (Seraphim & Leighton, LLC Unltd)

Had a chip out of the tip, so I went "clip-clip', and into new scales the razor I did slip so it could flip and quickly shave my lip!

Ho hum....just another DA, nothing to see here, move along people...move along...:wink:

(I kinda like how it turned out:w00t:)
Szechuan point, "General Gao" scalloped worked back, with JumbJimps and of course a thumbnotch. Spalted maple acryluminum(patents pending) scales

I really like this one.

Karnak 1/2 hollow modified with thumbnotch and Espanol point. Bubinga over black acrylic scales, red wedge.

Another beautiful razor!

What are you using to work the spines of your blades and add those thumb notches?

I'm seriously clueless as to what tool is used for that kind of work and would love to know.

Top Bottom