What's new

a california shaving get together

I think Phil needs help, lets set the date and order food, he'll have no other choice but open before that:wink2:

Meets can be a blast, the NY/NJ crowd has had many G-T-G's over the last few years and no one was bored I can tell you that. Usually food and drink are involved and many custom titles have emerged at them.

We always have a good time at the Chicago get togethers. “Yours Truly” has been known to donate an item for a raffle if anyone out there is interested in a raffle item. This would be of the wet and fragrant variety... Just give me the word if it all comes together.

Sounds like a cool idea. It would be awesome to eventually get it really big. Imagine a huge traditional wet shaving convention. You could sample soaps/creams, sell off your excess stash, look at rare items like double rings and such, to those that say "but what would we do?" there's plenty to do. Just think how the retailers would benefit from such an event!

This hobby is just as interesting as other hobbies with much larger communities, their conventions seem to be well received. Why not have ours?

Just an FYI on a serious note, we would help out with BullGoose's opening perhaps, but according to the posts, they seem to be making almost a temporary, really small retail area for appointments. That being said, I don't know how big this place is, and what he'd have to do to set it up for the large amount of B&Bers in the LA area.

So while it may help them, let's remember it would be a favor. If I recall correctly I believe he was only going to set up a few items and keep the rest in a warehouse and eventually make a complete showroom. That being said, if we are going to come in and expect to see everything, someone is going to need to be fetching items from the warehouse for us....

Either way, it doesn't sound like a normal shop's grand opening due to it's limited Brick and Mortar uses, so I think we should still remember to be thankful if this can be done, and don't take the attitude of "we're helping him out" because this may take a lot of work for the BullGoose staff.

I really want this to happen, I think we need to look at it correctly though, which would be that it would be a favor to let us congregate in what's supposed to be just a location for appointments.

Why don't we bring Phil in here and ask him? We certainly wouldn't want to inconvenience him or be a nuisance. Maybe we meet somewhere close by and just go see his place for an hour or so?

Top Bottom