What's new

a california shaving get together

sounds interesting. i live about 20 miles away from downtown LA. yeah what could be done after knocking down a few beers.

Last edited:
That's true of pens, watches, razors, etc. To see it in person certainly changes the mental gears from want to need and vice versa.
Doesn't have to be expensive watches. As for my ride then.....1988 Mazda RX7 convertible :) which I no longer have. Sniff. Btw, this is a waaay cooler hobby:thumbup1: (and I might add there are gentleman in both forums)

thats a cool car. i was just teasing u about the mas or pinto. there are gentleman in just about any hobby but there are also the baddies. i find that there are more gentleman in whatever it is u are doing. u just hear about the baddies more

to include the whole state of ca i think somewhere in the central cali area would work best. if its up north then the south wont come cuz of the long drive and vise versa. maybe the central coast would be cool. i think in carmel there is a shaving shop that has some pretty good stuff. thats what i have heard on here anyway. last time i went there i wasnt into the shaving scene. maybe a nice summer meeting. u cant beat the central coast weather.

We should all split a few tons of soap so we can shave on shipping!

I know there are people closer to Fresno, that's a bit of a drive. We have an LA meetup thread in the meetup forum....
I'd meet closer to LA, Fresno is a bit of a drive!

No way I'm driving from the Bay Area to LA or even Fresno (Rather just drive to Vegas or Tahoe), but I could meet up in Santa Cruz for some surfing and a ride on the Big Dipper (if you're from SC you'll know what I mean).

i suppose there would be more to do in vegas. thats still an 8 hour drive and kinda expensive depending on what u do there. maybe its just easier to split california into thirds north, central, and south. they could be something like chapters and a bigger meet involving the whole state could be held in a bigger place like vegas.

why do u californians need to make things so difficult lol

i suppose there would be more to do in vegas. thats still an 8 hour drive and kinda expensive depending on what u do there. maybe its just easier to split california into thirds north, central, and south. they could be something like chapters and a bigger meet involving the whole state could be held in a bigger place like vegas.

why do u californians need to make things so difficult lol
it something in the water maybe =D. plus we are one of the longest states. agree dividing up the meet would be better then have a large meet.

Last edited:
North get in the van and drive to Vegas to meet people from the south that got there in the van 2 hours earlier. Sounds funny but actually been done before:wink2:

I'd be down for coming up to LA. Any further than that though, I'm out. We all know that nobody is going to drive down to SD, so I think LA is a happy middle ground for the SD, LA, IE, and CC folks

I like the idea and will follow the thread. Smaller closer meetings would probably be easier. I live in the LA area.

We should make an LA group...

We could always just do a group buy with no shipping lol. I can bring stuff to PIF that I would give to my friends in LA since the shipping is ridiculous for some items...

We could always just do a group buy with no shipping lol. I can bring stuff to PIF that I would give to my friends in LA since the shipping is ridiculous for some items...

it seems like there is a good group of people living in the LA area. i think making a group for the LA area would be easy for u.

I like the idea of a group buy and PIFs are always a nice thing.

Last edited:
If any of you guys that live near or work in Downtown LA I would be up for happy hour, lunch, coffee, smoke break, etc.

Inland Empire guys, I live in Upland if you want to meet up on a weekend evening.

Samples...I got those!

OP - I used to live in Merced for my last year of high school, spent plenty of time in Fresno for shows/concerts though.

I say if we're doing an LA meet up we do it over in the Long Beach area, I like the Hotel Maya by Doubletree over there.

For the guys up north if you plan a meetup for the last weekend of July in Monterey we could meet up at bike night Friday on cannery row, then head out to Laguna Seca for MotoGP and catch the races Sunday.

Top Bottom