What's new

Progress/Megress users... TALK ME OUT OF THIS!! (or talk me in)

I' m a happy Slim user... I love it so much that I got a spare :lol: ... but I'm looking to the progress/megress... can you the tell me your experiences? is really that much difference between the progress and the megress? how do they compare to the slim (height, weight)? it is true that the progress and the megress shows some flaws on he dialing system? is the megress new knob a solid new piece or just epoxy?
I'm kind of ready to pull the trigger... but don't wanna do it without some info from you guys!
thanks!

I have 3 progress razors (down from 4). I guess you could say that I like them. I also like them heavier and customized. :lol:

proxy.php

proxy.php

They are great razors, Shave smooth but mor agressive then the slim a slim in 9 is like the Mergress on 2 for me at least. Very well solid made, and the customized knob is solid and is suppose to fix the flaw in progress with plastic knob, i Have the Mergress XL Love it and Love the slim as well also.

Don't have a Mergress, but the Progress is slowly but surely replacing my others....hardly use my Slim or New any longer...the Progress is just a darned amazing shaver, even with its flaws. Will likely pick up either a Mergress a Cooncat Bob customized Progress at some point.

Man I love that BRW progress.....Thats just gonna bring a tear to my eye, its so beautiful..... :')

I missed the one below on BST which put me on an insane search for another one since Bob was moving and could not make one for me. The insanity resulted in me buying 9 pre-owned BRW customs in the same week.

AND I still did not find one like the one that I started out looking for :lol:

proxy.php

Last edited:
The Progresses with the notches (i) between the numbers don't have the issues the early ones with the dots (.) seem to have had.

I like mine as is a regular Progress with the plastic Ivory knob:001_smile

To my eye none of the "modded ones" look quite right, not a seem less transition.

This is the best modded one I've seen

proxy.php

The Progresses with the notches (i) between the numbers don't have the issues the early ones with the dots (.) seem to have had.
That's just what make doubt so much about getting a progress: all that flaws and small little "issues" that can turn the zen shaving into a shave (unpleasant) chore

I missed the one below on BST which put me on an insane search for another one since Bob was moving and could not make one for me. The insanity resulted in me buying 9 pre-owned BRW customs in the same week.

AND I still did not find one like the one that I started out looking for :lol:

proxy.php

This is truly drool-worthy. Holy cow, what a beautiful razor!

I have had a progress for 2 months, I haven't picked up another razor since I brought it, its is a pleasure to shave with and I will never sell it, it is weighted beautifully.

I also like the old school Bakelite tip.

I have had no problems with the settings lining up etc, I think that got addressed by merkur sometime ago.

Top Bottom