What's new

Post your Pictures - Damascus

Here is mine.
Short story, made shorter...This razor was sold and found it way back to me.
Since it showed back up, I figure it wanted to stay around awhile :001_smile.
So I decided to take it to a new grinder I'm working on.
So, fresh off the grinder, out of the etching jar and off of the stones...
My layered white paper steel razor

Love the way that steel looks!

I have to say that your Takeda Damascus with Ram's Horn is one of my favorite Livi's. If you ever decide to sell, I hope you call me first :)

Funny, I was just thinking the Blue Tongue Damascus in Mammoth is one of the most beautiful straights i've ever seen.

That Devin Thomas damascus always amazes me. That is one of the most beautiful razors I have ever seen.

I wonder if anyone has ever made any straights from Mike Norris damascus. His hornets nest pattern always amazes me.

My Böker "black damascus".
Once I got it sharpened it shaved real nice. It has a certain place in my rotation

click to enlarge

$DSC01079-small.jpg

It is one of those freshly factoried. But bewarned, I did have some trouble to get it sharp.
It had a bad ill-grind that caused some warping and a slightly uneven bevel.
I had to use three layers of tape and the razor required a pasted strop afterwards. Otherwise the edge wouldn`t hold up. Now it does

Last edited:
Here is mine.
Short story, made shorter...This razor was sold and found it way back to me.
Since it showed back up, I figure it wanted to stay around awhile :001_smile.
So I decided to take it to a new grinder I'm working on.
So, fresh off the grinder, out of the etching jar and off of the stones...
My layered white paper steel razor
Love the grind on that thing!

Ill be honest. The Devin is something else. I do have to say that I had it rescaled. The original ones that he put on there did not do the blade justice. Here is a before picture of the scales

proxy.php

They were rescaled by Russell AKA Aquannin. Ivory with a horn wedge.

You know, the problem with customs for me is that I never know what I want done. I don't have much of an imagination, and rather buy customs on how they turn out and are for general sale.
Cough! Cough! Hack! ...Good heavens!

I've been using a TI Damascus razor as a daily shaver for almost two years now.... wasn't the biggest fan of the razor when I first bought it, but over the years it has really grown on me. It's hard to explain - but I think the TI damascus has a really unique feel to the edge (and a single honing lasts for what seems to be hundreds of shaves) and is really the only damascus razor that I reach for to actually shave with, and i've got 10+ damascus razors to choose from.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I've been using a TI Damascus razor as a daily shaver for almost two years now.... wasn't the biggest fan of the razor when I first bought it, but over the years it has really grown on me. It's hard to explain - but I think the TI damascus has a really unique feel to the edge (and a single honing lasts for what seems to be hundreds of shaves) and is really the only damascus razor that I reach for to actually shave with, and i've got 10+ damascus razors to choose from.

I feel that way about my Zowada damascus

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Here's my one and only- 8/8 Brian Brown Custom Kamisori grind in random damascus.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I am...just so awed at these...

Where can one find these kinds of Straight Razors? I don't care about waitlisting for them.

Devin Thomas Spiral Damascus
Mastro Livi Damascus
Tim Zowada Wood Grain Damascus :em2400:

This thread made me suddenly fond of Damascus lol

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I am...just so awed at these...

Where can one find these kinds of Straight Razors? I don't care about waitlisting for them.

Devin Thomas Spiral Damascus
Mastro Livi Damascus
Tim Zowada Wood Grain Damascus :em2400:

This thread made me suddenly fond of Damascus lol

I have Tim Zowada making a wood grain for me now. I would highly recommend him. Just google his name and it will bring you to his site.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440946418.639202.jpg
My great grandfathers
Anyone have info on this razor brand?
It has "Princeton" on it.

Thx in advance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom