What's new

How many switch shaving soaps/creams during a shave?

I find that I do the first couple of passes with some Williams shaving soap and a brush, then for my final pass I like to use Gillette Fusion Hydra Gel with the razor dialed way up. Seems to work for me. Does anybody else use different stuff midway through a shave or do you use the same shaving soap/creams all the way through the shave?

I use the same razor (non-adjustable) and soap when I shave. I do not change anything. The only thing I do is lather up the left side of the face, shave and then lather up the right side of the face and then shave.

I wouldn't ever go through all that added trouble, unless something's just not working for me and I decide to change mid-shaves.

I do, of course, sometimes change blades mid-shave if I'm having problems.

when ever i see that im getting a harsh shave from the DE, i put it down and go to the injector, just in case, but i dont change creams, there might be some lather fanatics that like to change lather for every pass,

I tend to always prep with Proraso and then use another creme or soap. Proraso and the hot towel treatment just give me the best prep so I've stuck with it.

I've got a tube of Noxema. I won't be replacing it when it's finished, because I've discovered the joy of badger hair, BUT, I find it quite useful to have it there for a quick squirt if I need a lather top-up towards the end.

Top Bottom