What's new

Suggest a nice knife in the $75 range

Where's a good place to purchase ESEE knives?

The fella over at knivesshipfree.com runs a nice operation and is a good guy (no affiliation). Not the lowest prices, but a good solid shop for ESEE stuff. I think there are some links to distributors on the ESEE website, too.

Guys,

After looking at all of your suggestions... I think I am going with an ESEE, either a 4, 3 or one of the IZULA knives. Thanks for all of the help!

nrv216

Excellent choice. It will be a great gift that he'll cherish for a long time I'm sure.

Just for kicks, here's a pic of my ESEE Izula with a paracord wrapped handle:

proxy.php

Sounds like the OP already made a decision. Now that I have that out of the way, my new Spyderco Manix 2 was a hair over $75.00 from Amazon. It's bigger than I thought it would be! Shown next to a Spyderco Dragonfly 2 for comparison.

$IMG_5049.jpg

$IMG_5050.jpg

Score! I use an ESEE 3 on my hiking pack; it fits perfectly on the shoulder strap for easy access. Really great for all purpose camp use.

Is that mounted handle up or down? Do you have a photo?

I've been looking for something that 'locks' into the sheath so I can have it handle down on my pack, but releases reasonably easily as well. Haven't been successful, so I still carry my SOG assisted open in my pocket, which is not really ideal most times.

Thanks!

Is that mounted handle up or down? Do you have a photo?

I've been looking for something that 'locks' into the sheath so I can have it handle down on my pack, but releases reasonably easily as well. Haven't been successful, so I still carry my SOG assisted open in my pocket, which is not really ideal most times.

Thanks!

Sorry, missed this question. I have the ESEE-3 mounted handle down, edge out on my left pack strap. I've run a lanyard through the hole in the pommel and use that as a safety, wrapped over the top of the sheath. Redundant, since the sheath has nice retention, but better safe than sorry. This rig has held up for some rugged terrain hiking with zero issues, made it up and back and was still ready to chop onions for chili.

Top Bottom