What's new

Feather popular

$Photo on 2011-08-03 at 01.12.jpg
Has anyone used one of these? It's a cheap Feather called a 'Popular'. It comes in a nice case with a 2 pack of Feather blades. A friend brought it back from Japan earlier this year.
I didn't actually use it yet as it is light plastic and steel and hardly a match for my EJ DE89L. Maybe it would make a good travel razor and the 2 pack can be replaced with a 5 pack!

I use one. It is milder than your DE89 and it delivers a very comfortable DFS every time, all the time. It works well with every blade I tried, which makes it a versatile razor for me. It works particularly well with Wilkinson Sword Double Edge (German, black tuck) and with Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli, white wrap). I could never achieve BBS but I constantly get DFS. One mistake I learned from using it first time is to not put too much pressure. Because of its weight and lack of aggressiveness it is easy to make this mistake. It is also very vocal razor, giving you lovely audible feedback. The Popular is my travel razor as well. Oh, and I would not call it a cheap razor. Just another Japanese wonder. Popular? Yes.
I like it.

I use one. It is milder than your DE89 and it delivers a very comfortable DFS every time, all the time. It works well with every blade I tried, which makes it a versatile razor for me. It works particularly well with Wilkinson Sword Double Edge (German, black tuck) and with Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli, white wrap). I could never achieve BBS but I constantly get DFS. One mistake I learned from using it first time is to not put too much pressure. Because of its weight and lack of aggressiveness it is easy to make this mistake. It is also very vocal razor, giving you lovely audible feedback. The Popular is my travel razor as well. Oh, and I would not call it a cheap razor. Just another Japanese wonder. Popular? Yes.
I like it.

I must try it soon. Thanks for that insight.

Yours, 'a guy in decision mode about buying a 2011 Muhle R41'!!!!

It makes a great travel razor.

It's not as good as the Feather Portable IMHO (which is the best travel razor I've used), however it's no real hardship if it gets left behind or broken in transit.

It was my first DE and I really liked it! I wouldn't hold the fact that it's plastic against it. Feather makes quality stuff!

They are great razors for the price!

Go for the R41! The most effective DE razor, but be very, very careful! Pay attention to your angle and NO pressure! Good luck!

Personally I feel this is the best starter razor out there. It is also a great shaver for an experienced wet-shaver as it is rather mild even with a feather blade. Everyone should have one- be it for travel or those mornings you need to rush. Also makes a great final ATG pass razor.

Personally I feel this is the best starter razor out there. It is also a great shaver for an experienced wet-shaver as it is rather mild even with a feather blade. Everyone should have one- be it for travel or those mornings you need to rush. Also makes a great final ATG pass razor.

I agree with every statement of this post. Especially the first one, this razor would make an ideal beginner's razor. One piece TTO construction, engineered for durability (especially for those butter fingers beginners have), mild with audible feedback. Long handle and head heavy. Affordable.

I bought one and regret it!! it has no blade exposure and it never gave me a good shave hell not even smooth!!! i didn't like it at all. I can tell you that its hard to cut ur self with it!! I gave mine to dad cause he doesn't like safety razors because he says they will cut him but I told him this wont do anything to you

I love this razor! this was my first decent DE, and it has been excellent so far. started out on this one using feathers, but I bought a small sampler pack of blades, and so far my best shave with it was using a shark blade. very mild, very close shave.

It was my entry razor as well. It worked so well, I bought a Feather AS off the B/S/T because I thought it w/b the same (noob). I love them both for different reasons, but the Popular has a special place in my heart.

My razor is currently being used by a neighbor up the block, luring another victim into the "lower cost / higher quality" wet-shaving web

Top Bottom