What's new

College football - Nebraska @ KU finally!

Good afternoon gents. A thing happened today that I have been waiting for my entire teenage/adult life. Kansas University beat the hell out of Nebraska. I don't mean won, I mean stomped their guts out. 76-39. Now I realise that the 39 means the D wasn't up to snuff. It wasn't in the first half. NU scored 24 of the 39 in the first half. They held them to 15 the second half. If you have watched any KU football this year, and who does besides us locals, you would know they have a championship defense and a very balanced offense. We are the quietest #8 ranked team in the country. If you know anything about the history of this football "program", it has been the doormat of the Big8/Big12. Till two years ago we hadn't beaten Nebraska in nearly 30 years. We played them to double OT last year at their in a narrow loss. This year was OURS. Period. I can't tell you how many times our own stadium was a sea of red when NU came to town. Not this year. Sellout crowd of BIG BLUE. At one point, our QB led the team to 8 STRAIGHT TD DRIVES this game. We scored more points against NU than any team in their history. I reveled in it. I don't know if KU can continue this way for a sustained number of seasons but I don't care. We are 9-0 and two games away from a showdown with the Misery Tigers in Arrowhead stadium in K.C. Dare I hope for an undefeated season? I would like to think so. If we win the Big 12 North, and we should, then it sets up a Big 12 title game with mighty Oklahoma. A tall order for any team. So for all you guys who have supported a local doormat of a program, who have hoped in vain for ONE good season followed by maybe another, this one is for you baby! Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Regards, Todd

BTW, we are the only team in the nation with a top ten football and basketball program. Life is good this week for Jayhawks.

Yeah, it's really nice to see a perennial cellar-dweller like Kansas finally have a season like this. It was also great to see Navy finally get a win against the Irish.

I saw that score at the bottom of the screen as I was watching Navy and Notre Dame. That one was a real nail biter! Three overtimes! Notre Dame's first attempt at a two point conversion was incomplete but called back due to (a questionable...) pass interference. Navy held em off on the second attempt too. So Navy cracked their streak of losing 43 straight games to the Irish.

Good afternoon gents. A thing happened today that I have been waiting for my entire teenage/adult life. Kansas University beat the hell out of Nebraska. I don't mean won, I mean stomped their guts out. 76-39. <SNIP> If we win the Big 12 North, and we should, then it sets up a Big 12 title game with mighty Oklahoma. A tall order for any team.

Congrats on a great game by your team. OU (my team) will be waiting in the Big 12 Title Game...:biggrin:

I saw that score at the bottom of the screen as I was watching Navy and Notre Dame. That one was a real nail biter! Three overtimes! Notre Dame's first attempt at a two point conversion was incomplete but called back due to (a questionable...) pass interference. Navy held em off on the second attempt too. So Navy cracked their streak of losing 43 straight games to the Irish.

I saw that one, too! What a game!!!!!

Hey Bryan. You guys really hit a home run with Bob Stoops. The guy can recruit and just flat out coach. Oklahoma is the class of the Big 12. I am confident that KU can give them a game if they make it to the title match. I certainly won't sit here and predict a win but if the game happens, I hope OU is thinking Terry Allen and five years ago. We need all the karma we can get. We don't get on the tube much and even with this season, it has only been two or three times. In a way, it helps to keep things under the radar. We still have a lot to prove to the football television gods. If you get a chance to see a replay of the game, give it a look. Todd Reesing was just phenomenal today. It was broadcast on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain and Midwest.

Regards, Todd

Started tailgating at 7:30 AM with flank steak fajitas, cheesy potatoes, cinnamon rolls, and home-brewed beer made with sunflower seeds (delicious, by the way). The flyover by two F-18s was amazing (much more appreciated today at the game than yesterday when they were buzzing my apartment while practicing). The game was sheer bliss; we owned Nebraska today, and every Husker fan there knew it. And the students stayed the hell off the field after the game was over, which was a great relief to me.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

Hey Bryan. You guys really hit a home run with Bob Stoops. The guy can recruit and just flat out coach. Oklahoma is the class of the Big 12. I am confident that KU can give them a game if they make it to the title match. I certainly won't sit here and predict a win but if the game happens, I hope OU is thinking Terry Allen and five years ago. We need all the karma we can get. We don't get on the tube much and even with this season, it has only been two or three times. In a way, it helps to keep things under the radar. We still have a lot to prove to the football television gods. If you get a chance to see a replay of the game, give it a look. Todd Reesing was just phenomenal today. It was broadcast on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain and Midwest.

Regards, Todd

I met Stoops once; to top it all off, he's a pretty nice guy. He once said his favorite book (faculty & staff at OU were asked to name there's) was a children's book by Max Lucado that he reads to his kids every night.

Alas, my chances of seeing KU's demolition of NU replayed are zero. I live in Pac 10 country now, and a small-market to boot; I'm lucky to see relatively meaningful Pac 10 games, much less anything else (well, except for NBC's mandatory Notre Dame obsession...).

Again, enjoy! KU of almost anyone, deserves all the good that comes there way in football! (And then there's your hoops coach...speaking of amazing coaches!)

Top Bottom