What's new

FREE Shipping at Vintage Blades Thru 12/14

In celebration of the rapidly approaching Holidays and your wonderful support throughout this year, I would like to announce FREE SHIPPING* via UPS Ground service, now through December 14th, on any order of $100 or more. No coupon codes required just place your order of $100 or more and the shipping is on me.

Coincidently, Friday December 14th is the last day that I can guarantee delivery in time for Christmas by this delivery method. The following Thursday, December 20th, when we process our consolidated shipment to Canada, will be our last shipping day of the year.

*Note: Applies to the contiguous 48 states via UPS Ground Service only

Under the category of "How soon we forget", I have received a couple of messages that go sort of like "What about us Canadians?" So, I thought I would repeat the following:

We are pleased to announce our participation in a program with UPS that will greatly reduce not only the brokerage fees historically associated with UPS shipments from the US, but will also lower the duty you pay on your purchases as well. Vintage Blades is now established as a "Non-Resident Importer” to Canada. By means of holding a Canadian Business Number for a “virtual” Canadian company, we become both the Exporter and the Importer of Record.

Here are the key features of the program:

Since we are the Importer of Record for our shipments, this now allows for the Customs duty to be paid upon their entry into Canada based on our cost of goods and not on the price you pay.

Under this program, you will be charged a minimal brokerage fee. The other fees that you usually see from UPS are not charged on these shipments. Of course the Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be charged, but there is no PST under this arrangement.

You pay everything upfront, or as they say, you pay “Landed Cost”. You will know the total cost of your order before it leaves the US. You are invoiced for a “Total Shipping Cost” based on the total value of the items that you ordered. This “Total Shipping Cost” includes all the above – “shipping” cost, brokerage fee, customs duty, GST. Your order is delivered to your door and you owe nothing else.

We will consolidate orders and ship once a week. This will be done on Thursday. The UPS “hub” in Canada is in Fort Erie which takes two days from Maryland. From there it will go by UPS Ground to your Province.

As an additional incentive, we are offering FREE SHIPPING on any order over $100.00 to Canada through December 20st which is reflected in the rate schedule below.

For ................................Total Shipping
Orders Of ........................Cost*

Under $100.......................$32.49 (You pay cost of "shipping")
$100 to $149.99................$19.99 FREE Shipping starts
$150.00 to $199.99............$24.99
$200.00 to $249.99............$28.99
$250.00 to $299.99............$32.99
$300.00 to $349.00............$36.99
$350.00 to $399.99............$40.99
$400.00 to $449.00............$44.99
$450.00 to $499.99............$48.99
$500.00 to $599.99............$52.99
$600.00 and up..................$59.99 + 6%

*Includes shipping, brokerage fees, duty, and GST.

You should also note that to date there have been no issues with the export of aftershave and colognes into Canada under this program. I have provided UPS with all the appropriate documentation and have not had a shipment refused to date. Only time will tell, if this continues to hold true.

Yes, we will be continuing the UPS program to Canada after the 1st of the year. As of yet I do not know the rate structure. I will take part of my time off between Christmas and New Years to revisit this and publish the revised rate schedule on the 2nd of January. Obviously, by goal will be to continue to attract as many Canadian dollars in to support the falling US dollar as possible.

Jim,

Thanks for this. I've been looking for a way to get alcohol-based stuff shipped to me legally. A class act!

Paul

Top Bottom