What's new

Shaving with Peanut Butter

Thats crazy but!!! Lets see someone shave with gear oil. Im specifically thinking of the type of gear oil that is used in Subaru's differential and transfer case. Whew what a stink!

Peanut Butter has a high oil content, which is the reason why such a video is even possible. For comic effect he shaves with chunky peanut butter, which won't really matter with a straight, as their is no guard to get clogged up.

He does indicate the level of drag was excessive.

So while it looks crazy on camera, the actual risk for an experienced straight razor shaver is probably minimal.

this made my morning... thank you OP....

mayonnaise would work wonderfully also... *(except for the rancid smell)

Its about time someone did a video series like this ... peanut butter, olive oil, mayonaisse, lard ... a lot of kitchen staples lend themselves to the shave den.

Not they are all going to perform like our beloved soaps and creams ... but as an experiment, its interesting to watch.

I've used Vaseline as a shave oil. It works great if you have a couple of bumps or cuts that you don't want to open again - the razor slides over them. I don't think the KY or the peanut butter is a big deal. Indeed, there were some posts elsewhere on this forum that mentioned the peanut butter and butter. I imagine the old timers had to make do with some weird stuff. Bear grease, hog fat, beef fat, chicken fat, lard etc - they should all work.

Last edited:
Top Bottom