What's new

After Shave Balm Recommendation Please

I really love Trumpers Skin food. Sandalwood is my favorite but limes and coral are very very nice as well. Not oily, refreshing, quickly absorbed and no alcohol.

Sort of depends on how much you want to spend and if the scent is worth it to you. I think there are AS's that have more healing properties than Nivea (although I think a veteran shaver probably needs a more healing AS much less most probably). The Nivea doesn't smell like much (although you could scent it yourself).

There are many nicer smelling ones and AS's with some more healing ingredients, but I'm not quite sure that's required. Some of them are pretty expensive and while I did like them, I'm not sure I would take them over Nivea or at most Nivea with me adding something to it.

Until I find a local place that I am able to smell some of the more expensive aftershaves before I buy them, I just use Nivea Sensitive aftershave balm. It has a light scent and works really well, for me anyways.

I really love Trumpers Skin food. Sandalwood is my favorite but limes and coral are very very nice as well. Not oily, refreshing, quickly absorbed and no alcohol.

Does the sandalwood skin food have the same scent as their sandalwood cologne? Or is it different?

As many have already said, +1 for Nivea sensitive skin balm. It works great and my wife LOVES the smell. The Nivea Energy splash is also good for the hot summer months.

I've been curious about Lucky Tiger, Weleda, Jason Beard Therapy, and Mama Bears. I haven't tried any of them but they have all gotten great reviews here and are listed in the shave wiki.

I usually use Thayers witch hazel with aloe or plain clear aloe vera gel if I don't need much moisturizing. And Every Man Jack or Nivea sensitive if I do.

Top Bottom