What's new

Youse Guys NEVER cease to amaze me

Please bear with this slightly long story.

The postman came today and a package was stuck in the door.

Now I know I have been on a slight tear lately with purchasing Fountain Pens, but I couldn't place any orders that had not already arrived. and the address struck me as slightly familiar

Then again with my highly advancing age even my own address strikes me as slightly familiar.

I opened the package to be greeted with some bar soap and a tin of shaving soap.

Scratching my head, I thought " I know I didn't order this, I'm on a purchasing Sabbatical , or did I do something I just don't remember ?" Again highly likely due to the aforementioned fact of ....well you know what I mean.

A note was included and I will quote it.....

" I just wanted to thank you for doing the SE blade group buy...Enjoy "

Now I did not give the members handle, not that he doesn't deserve to be recognized....just because.

What I wanted to say was. When you do a group buy, it really is a pain in the *** !

but.... it really is fulfilling to get to be able to help the members be able to maybe add to the collective.

I once told a couple of members here if I ever thought of doing a group buy again to kick me in the..... well you know what I mean. Since that statement I have done 2 more.

This is probably the finest collection of people on the internet... I am proud to be one of you......

It's nice to hear these stories.
I can only imagine how much work a group buy is.
Thumbs up to a job well done! :thumbup1:

Its amazing how often these stories come up, its so rare in my daily life do i meet as many great people as I interact with here.
One of the last great places to hang out on the internet these days
Well done to who sent that

Hi Brian: That is what I love about this forum. There are many quality members that make this a great forum.

WARHAWK

We really do have a great bunch of guys (and gals). I have had the privilege of dealing so so many gracious and kind members, so glad to be a member.

Please bear with this slightly long story.

The postman came today and a package was stuck in the door.

Now I know I have been on a slight tear lately with purchasing Fountain Pens, but I couldn't place any orders that had not already arrived. and the address struck me as slightly familiar
Then again with my highly advancing age even my own address strikes me as slightly familiar.

:lol:

I opened the package to be greeted with some bar soap and a tin of shaving soap.

Scratching my head, I thought " I know I didn't order this, I'm on a purchasing Sabbatical , or did I do something I just don't remember ?" Again highly likely due to the aforementioned fact of ....well you know what I mean.

A note was included and I will quote it.....

" I just wanted to thank you for doing the SE blade group buy...Enjoy "

Now I did not give the members handle, not that he doesn't deserve to be recognized....just because.

What I wanted to say was. When you do a group buy, it really is a pain in the *** !

but.... it really is fulfilling to get to be able to help the members be able to maybe add to the collective.

I once told a couple of members here if I ever thought of doing a group buy again to kick me in the..... well you know what I mean. Since that statement I have done 2 more.

This is probably the finest collection of people on the internet... I am proud to be one of you......

Right back at you Brian! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be the proud owner of more injector blades then I can use in this life. hey, wait a second here...

-jim

There's this one, and the other one that deals with hats and such like.
And I keep coming back to them for many reasons...
But mostly because almost everyone here (and there) treats faceless strangers like friends.
With courtesy and consideration.
That's rare these days.

And a nod to the moderators on both who present gentle reminders when needed.
Yes, to what everyone above said.

And Brian, you deserve all the kudos offered.
A pain in the *** to do group buys, but you have our undying gratitude.

Top Bottom