What's new

How do I polish Rockport Waterproof Shoes?

I have a pair of Rockport waterproof shoes Hyro shield Ellingwood black Captoe shoes in black found here:
http://m.rockport.com/ellingwood.html?option_Size=&option_Color=BLACK&option_Width=&image_Post=MAIN

How do I correctly polish my shoes to a high shine step by step? Or is it because they are waterproof and have some sort of protectant on them they cannot be polished? The salesman at the Rockport store in the mall said they could be polished provided I buy the meninote cream they sold of course I already had some of the exact cream at home plus two brushes from Allen Edmonds.

Also what is everyone's view on Aldebs as far as being worn as a shoe of you have to wear orthopedic inserts like I do?

Best,
Jerry

I have (2) pairs of these same shoes. While not anywhere in the same class as premium quality dress shoes, they have proved to be very durable, comfortable for city walking, and great travel shoes. They actually do in fact perform well in wet weather and will even survive stepping into several inches of snow if your caught unprepared. A good value at $100.

I've shined them myself using Kiwi paste a few times but I've also had them shined at airports several times by pros that use a variety of products. They don't shine up to a true mirror gloss but the appearance is respectable.

Top Bottom