What's new

Schick Injector types...

I don't know if there is a thread showing the different types of Schick Injectors, but if someone is a collector of them it would be nice to have a reference thread naming each with a photo of the razor.

The Schick F Type Injector...
$IMG_0238.jpg$IMG_0240_2.jpg

Are all Schick Injector razors the same or are some more aggressive than others?
I have only tried the E and F type and I found them quite different, not really more or less aggressive just different, I got a better shave with the E type myself.

Currently only have a Type E, but have a Type L5 and Type J3 on the way. Have had a great shave from the Type E.

Are all Schick Injector razors the same or are some more aggressive than others?

IME, the "E", "G" and "M" adjustable, on the higher setting, are aggressive with the "J-1" & "L-3" being Milder and more forgiving, these are the only types I've tried.
They all provide efficient, quick shaves and I consider them the "Sports Cars" of single Edge Razors.
I almost forgot my recently acquired Hydro-Magic "I-2", it falls somewhere between the "E" & "L" or "J" types, another good efficient Injector, it's the easiest to clean due to the Lever under the Head.

Last edited:
The G-8 I've been using doesn't seem at all "aggressive" to me, just efficient. I get very good first passes from it, very close to as effective as my Micromatic Clog-Pruf.

I love the G series, especially the G4. They are light weight, relatively aggressive (to me), and great shavers. No wonder they had to be taken off the market. They were great razors.

G4
$$(KGrHqN,!mEFBO3mqS3wBRiEcdKBEg~~60_1.JPG

I love the G series, especially the G4. They are light weight, relatively aggressive (to me), and great shavers. No wonder they had to be taken off the market. They were great razors.

G4
View attachment 348953

I have been shaving with this razor the past two days and it's great. Someone PIF'd it to me long ago and I never bothered looking for blades for it. I discovered I can get blades at my base exchange so I picked up a pack and I think I'm hooked.

Top Bottom