What's new

Horse Hair Brush under $3.

Horse hair brush - only $2.45 each plus shipping. I ordered 3 of them.

http://shop.bestshave.net/wooden-ha...o6-p-67.html?zenid=nu5fi805gpjtmtv9tlru6a04a4

Observations: When the 3 of them finally arrived - each one had a bit different quality of workmanship - meaning that each one had little "flaws" that were mostly cosmetic. In regards to what they do - I'm not sure that for the money anything else comes even remotely close. When I got the one I'm actually using wet and ready to use - I notice that the center of the brush - really isn't "full" as it should be. Now when you kinda smash it just a bit against your face - it works just fine - but it just seems like it should have more hair in it. I haven't tried the other 2 brushes yet, but I will report as I do.

There are a multitude of "better" brushes out there - but if you're looking for an inexpensive "good" brush - order one or two of these and give them a go.

Shipping took just over 3 weeks - so don't be in a hurry to get them.

This was my first Horse which led me to trying and loving the Vie-Long Horse Hair Brushes in my rotation, they are good brushes for the money and an inexpensive way to try Horse Hair. The knots aren't dense but they whip up lather efficiently and dry quick, there's no need to mash them on your face, though they are inexpensive, abusing the knot will cause it to shed more than normal and damage/break the hair.

Horse hair brush - only $2.45 each plus shipping. I ordered 3 of them.

http://shop.bestshave.net/wooden-ha...o6-p-67.html?zenid=nu5fi805gpjtmtv9tlru6a04a4

Observations: When the 3 of them finally arrived - each one had a bit different quality of workmanship - meaning that each one had little "flaws" that were mostly cosmetic. In regards to what they do - I'm not sure that for the money anything else comes even remotely close. When I got the one I'm actually using wet and ready to use - I notice that the center of the brush - really isn't "full" as it should be. Now when you kinda smash it just a bit against your face - it works just fine - but it just seems like it should have more hair in it. I haven't tried the other 2 brushes yet, but I will report as I do.

There are a multitude of "better" brushes out there - but if you're looking for an inexpensive "good" brush - order one or two of these and give them a go.

Shipping took just over 3 weeks - so don't be in a hurry to get them.

I have both the #6 and #7 horse hair brushes from Bestshave and really enjoy them. They are seeing more uses than my boars latley.

Been using mine daily now for a little over a year. It lost a few hairs at first and I mean only a few. It now no longer looses any, whips up a lathert fantastic, for the price I fail to see how anyone could go wrong.

BTW I also have brushes in my collection costing much much more. I like this Turk #6 from BestShave so well I've pruchased a couple of extras just in case I need them, it always seems whern I get something I really like after it finally wears out its no longer available.

Some of the best $2.45 I ever spent.

I have one of those, and it's pretty good. Mine had a small number of very thick bristles, and clipping them out made it a lot less scritchy.

I have 3 on the way. I can't wait to get them. I get so much more satisfaction using an incredibly inexpensive item like this over an expensive one that yields the same results.

Jay, which do you prefer #6 or #7? I enjoyed the #6 but preferred the #7, thought it had a better knot and liked the feel of the handle.
Alan, I clipped ~80% of the thick hairs, ~1/8" below the top of the loft, it stopped the occasional "pinch" while keeping the Backbone intact, took a good 40 minutes of hunting & clipping.

I ordered a couple of these two to three weeks ago, the package has been at "ISC New York" for about a week of that. Hopefully I'll get them soon, supposedly a packaged can't be tracked past that point. I'm excited to give them a shot. I've had a preference for boar over badger so maybe this will be a bit less scratchy.

Alan, I clipped ~80% of the thick hairs, ~1/8" below the top of the loft, it stopped the occasional "pinch" while keeping the Backbone intact, took a good 40 minutes of hunting & clipping.

I think I clipped mine about 1/3rd of the way down the hairs (it's hard to remember now), and that's left it with a good balance of softness (with some scritchy exfoliation) and backbone. In fact, after this thread, I used it today - and it really is amazingly good for the price.

You get what you pay for....

And then sometimes you get extra value. Price does not control quality or satisfaction.

Friend of mine bought a 6 month old car with less than 1500 miles on it for $10.00, no it wasn't wrecked, it was in like new condition. Guys daughter wanted a Corvette instead.

And then sometimes you get extra value. Price does not control quality or satisfaction.

Friend of mine bought a 6 month old car with less than 1500 miles on it for $10.00, no it wasn't wrecked, it was in like new condition. Guys daughter wanted a Corvette instead.

Well my friend, he is lucky. I am not that lucky ever in life lol

Top Bottom