I've been DE shaving for about a month or so now and have to say i am completely obsessed! I genuinely look forward to shaving and feel disappointed afterward that i have to wait an entire 24 hours before i get to enjoy it again! I have just bought a shavette as well to try my hand at straight razor shaving before taking the plunge and buying my first straight.
This is my routine so far
1. Place shave dish, brush and face towel in warm water
2. Have a shower and was my face during.
3. Place warm towel on my face for a few mins
4. Apply Taylors Pre shave chamomile oil ( I found that i was getting a bit of a sore face, i think due to my newbie heavy handedidness(not a word) and also blade choice)
5. Lather up using taylors rose shaving cream and my cheapy brush. (pure bristle badger hair, its seems to do a good job the handle is just a bit plasticky)
6. Have a shave
7. Rinse with cold water
8. Apply post shave balm.
My questions are
I've been eyeing up a few brushes but dont really know what to go for, I like the look of the
Simpsons Colonel and Chubby and i know GB Kent do a similar shape to the colonel, Any suggestions?
Also blade wise, i started with feathers, but even having moved onto derbys which dont really irratate my skin if i do try the feathers, they dont seem to work for me, should i just stick with the derbys or try out a few more blades first?
Thanks for reading this essay of a first post, I look forward to many more posts!