What's new

Some Re-Plates Just Got back...

Hi Guys...Sent these out to Reliable Electroplating back in January. They're now back. Spoke with Dale several times during this project and he is a good guy who does very nice work. I had 3 razors in for plating... a 1936 Aristocrat Deluxe in gold, a Bobs, Razorworks creation to be done in Black nickel and a Merkur/Solingen? razor in bright nickel. They turned out beautifully. I've shown the "before" and "after" shots because there's a huge difference on all 3. Really happy with the razors and now I have to figure out how to re-do the case interior for the Aristocrat. The wife thinks I'm nuts but I'm having fun.

Attachments

• $kkmuy6.jpg
    $kkmuy6.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 206
  • $www4r.jpg
    $www4r.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 206
Nothing like having one come home from Reliable Electroplating, it's like Christmas! Wonderful looking replates!

Thanx Alex
I was thinking about trying a "flocking" material for the inside but just might get the velvet and try that

Very, very nice. I am a big proponent of re-plating. I have three re-plated Gillettes and a Fatboy in the works. My re-plated Gillettes will out live me.

Last edited:
Yes, I gotta admit I'm fond of the New in Black nickel myself. Now I'm waiting on Dave @ocrazorman to let me know when the razors I've got with him will be done. Having way too much fun.

Top Bottom