What's new

Old mountain cabin interior + a landscape

I went to prepare for my exams up in Hemsedal, Norway last week. Wonderful place to be reading. Three friends and I went. Here are some shots from my breaks :) I realise many don't really like the look I'm presenting here, but I think it's very nice :)

O. Mustad & Søns jernstøberi by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Stova vol. 2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Seng sk 2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Seng 2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Stova 2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Stova 2 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Kjøkenhylle by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

MILLS kokmalt kaffe by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Hytta og natur by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Utsikt frå hyttetunet sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Utsikt frå hyttetunet by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Gamal hytte utside 1 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Gamal hytte utside 1 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Gamal hytte utside 2 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Gamal hytte utside 2 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Gamal hytte utside 3 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Gamal hytte utside 3 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Gamal hytte utside 4 sk by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Gamal hytte utside 4 by Anders Myhre Brakestad, on Flickr

Regards,
Anders

Really cool! I rented one (not this nice, but very rustic) at Babcock State Park once and enjoyed the very rustic charms!

But what about internet???

Seriously, that's beautiful. I'm all growed up now with growed up kids and past enjoying rustic accommodations, but in my youth would have loved a place like that.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Anders:
Awesome...what a 'way cool' cabin!!! What a way to get back to one's nature roots and away from 'city life'!!! :thumbsup:

proxy.php
"Living inside [a cabin is] a little like camping out...you [have] to pay attention to housekeeping [and] not get things too dirty". Robert Crippen

Nice that you like them! Just to clarify, we didn't sleep in that old one, but in a newer, modern cabin (with every luxury one might expect in a normal house). Very comfortable to live there, but on a whole other way than living in a primitive cabin. I've done both. Just for fun, here's a shot of us reading. That's a golden retriever and a small alaska malamut (around 4 months old, I think).

proxy.php

Last edited:
I like number 5 alot. I sometimes enjoy the dreamy look of HDR. The fun thing about HDR is sometimes you can make a great picture from a shot that you think was a throwaway.

I shoot alot of HDR too but my goal is to make it look like its not HDR.

13 is my second favorite.

I hear you. HDR is one of the tools one can use. For my landscapes, I tend to go for the natural look. Maybe the landscape posted here is a tad too much for some, but I really like it. As for the interior shots, I think this is one of the times tonemapping really shines through. It just brings out detail in the wood, and the colours. It looks surreal, or dreamy (like you said), but I think it works in such interior shots - unless it's crazy bananas cartoony - that I don't like at all.

Thanks for some critique :)

Top Bottom