What's new

Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Hello All, I'm fairly new to B&B, but i'm looking around the forums and came across this section. I'm going to Jackson Hole Wyoming next week and wanted to see if any of you new of any good activities/suggestions for my trip. Thanks.

Hah! Watch out for the beavers in Grand Teton. The time I was there, they dismantled a bridge that was part of the trail we were following. We had to strip down and ford a very cold, chest-high stream to continue. Somewhere the beavers were laughing at us, I know it. Still, it's one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.

Have fun. I was only there one afternoon when I was returning home from a road-trip to Yellowstone(traveling back to WI). The Tetons are one of the most beautiful mountain ranges in the US.

Hah! Watch out for the beavers in Grand Teton. The time I was there, they dismantled a bridge that was part of the trail we were following. We had to strip down and ford a very cold, chest-high stream to continue. Somewhere the beavers were laughing at us, I know it. Still, it's one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.

you also have to watch out for the cougars in Jackson Hole...

We leave this week and I just checked the weather.... Rain all week long. Any body have any suggestions for activities to do if it rains the whole time? or does anybody know if the rain up there is pretty sporadic? I know it's only 30% most days, but i wasn't sure if that is pretty typical for the region

I got engaged in the Tetons so it's a very special place. Not sure what's changed in ten years but I suspect a lot has. If Dornans is still around, I highly recommend you go there for a pancake breakfast and you might as well get back there for a pizza (and beer?) dinner with excellet ... EXCELLENT ... views of the Teton Range. You can also go to the Moose lodge for a neat dinner but Dornans will be cheaper and afford a better experience. In downtown Jackson I recommend the Cadillac Lounge for burgers and if they still have them happy hour from 4-8 (BOGOF pints) and from 8-12 (1/2 price pints) and the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar (the bar stools are saddles! just get a pint and go, it's cool but not that cool). Jackson is a very special place for me for more reasons than my engagement and I used to to there often but it's been a long time. If you need cool digs, try the climbers ranch in the Grand Tetons National Park, they are cheap, remote, and worth it - the Coyotes will SING for you!

Been about twenty years since I was there. Million Dollar Cowboy bar came to fame in 1980 with Eastwood 's sequel Any Which Way You Can. It was known before but the whole fight scene filmed around JH really put them on the map. And the Cowboy was where the final scenes of the movie were filmed. Interior is pretty cool looking.

Across the street, if memory serves, is a small city park that has these cool arches made of elk antlers at each of four entry points. There was also a cool taxidermy shop that had one of the largest elk racks I have ever seen. It was a shoulder mount and from bottom of chest to antler tips was from floor to near ceiling! There was a tag on it saying it something like number three in the world. Don 't quote me though. I often wondered who owned it. Quaint town all round. Horse riding is available allover the area as well. I think it was quite reasonably priced. I hope you enjoyed your trip.

Cheers, Todd

Anyone ever fished for trout at Yellowstone?

$images.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Million Dollar Cowboy, raft the Snake River, Coulter Bay in Grand Teton ... dayum; wish I was going back. It is beautiful.

AA

Top Bottom