What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Yeah it's one of the Masterbuilt Rosewoods based on George Harrison's model,except this one is chambered.If you've ever seen Let It Be the movie Harrison sits down alot while playing that guitar,he had to it was ungodly heavy.Hendrix was presented with a rosewood strat but I've never seen any pic's of him playing it,that strat must have been a real backbreaker.

one of my ClogPruf's with a GEM Blade, The Duke & Vostok!
my goto razor, now

proxy.php

Today's shave will be about as cheap as a shave one can get.

The Push Button I cost me $1.00 so the cost of that will be micro-cents per shave, but for the sake of this I will say I only use it once per week, so I will go with $.02 per shave. The KMF is maybe $.05 per shave, and lathers better than most high end creams I have tried. I wanted to as old school blade that I have, so I am loading a CVS carbon, at $.50 per blade, I am a big spender. I almost bathe in Clubman, so I will go another $.10

That makes today's total cost on shaving to be a whopping 67 cents.
proxy.php

Was yesterday but here it is/was

GEM 1912 model with a GEM PTFE stainless steel blade from the group buy

proxy.php

Last edited:
YEA.... I get to post twice in a row

TODAY:

British Ever-Ready 1912 model with the same GEM PTFE coated stainless steel blade I started with a week ago

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
The good old G Bar today.
You know, I may never use my DE's or Straights again.
The G Bar is one that everyone must try. Similar to the micromatic yet somehow different.

weapon of choice is ALWAYS either my 1902 (yes i said 1902 ) Gem Damaskeene or Ever Ready 1914 .
The ER1914 is what I consider the most aggressive and least forgiving of mistakes.... razor.

Im just kidding on the 1902, I would never actually use it, I use one of several 1912 D s

GEM safety bar Micromatic bullet handle "flying wing"
GEM stainless steel PTFE coated blade (from the group buy) Shave #6 on this blade
Tabac shave stick - Face lathering
Rubberset 200-1 mini barber's handle brush with a TGN 20mm Best badger knot (set short)

proxy.php

Speaking of bathing in Clubman, you do realize they make Clubman Shampoo, right? The AS comes in a big "Country Club" Size bottle - and then there is Clubman Hair Tonic too. :w00t:

The only reason I will need to shave tomorrow morning is because I am going to Mass - otherwise the shave this morning with the Open Comb MicroMatic was so close, so good, so smooth, and so long lasting that I doubt I would need to shave tomorrow.

Today's shave will be about as cheap as a shave one can get.

The Push Button I cost me $1.00 so the cost of that will be micro-cents per shave, but for the sake of this I will say I only use it once per week, so I will go with $.02 per shave. The KMF is maybe $.05 per shave, and lathers better than most high end creams I have tried. I wanted to as old school blade that I have, so I am loading a CVS carbon, at $.50 per blade, I am a big spender. I almost bathe in Clubman, so I will go another $.10

That makes today's total cost on shaving to be a whopping 67 cents.
proxy.php

I've lately been alternating between a Streamline (SE) & a Slant (DE)

This morning it was the Streamlines turn
- group buy blade
- badger brush
- Tabac

DD

Top Bottom