What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Tried a GEM Clog Pruf for the first time this morning,part of the East Coast Canadian PIF.
A very good shave was the result.

Normally I use a Dmaskeene or Jr.

GEM Contract 1912 & GEM Stainless (1)

proxy.php

What a nice shave ...

1914 Ever-Ready on loan to me by my buddy, Andrew. Thanks, my friend!!!
Most welcome.
Especially because you knew what was going on with the spring, when I didn't! I found that razor to be shockingly mild (contrary to its reputation) though I still liked it just fine -- I had to do full three passes and touch ups to get close; but it was always a "safe" shave. I wished it were more aggressive. Now I learned from you that it... is!

The Gem Jr. tonight again, for me. Thanks for that! I think it feels, in the shave, very much like the Feather Weight slim head; but it shaves closer, easier. It was perfect for tonight's head shave.

(Last time I shaved my head, I kind of "forgot" how to treat the Gem OCMM; that had been a favorite head shaver, but... I'd been using a 1924 or a 1912 for a while, and didn't treat the OCMM and the brand-new PTFE blade with enough respect. Bloody towels resulted. So tonight, the Gem Jr.... NO worries about cuts or weepers... still a close shave... very comfortable!)

02/14/15
Prep – MR GLO
Razor - Mongoose Satin B2
Blade – Kai Sharp (7)
Brush – Every-Ready with TGN Finest
Lather – Strop Shoppe Barbershoppe
Post - Witch Hazel and Clubman AS

Top Bottom