What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Well today was Tech Tuesday, so I swung away from my beloved SE's this morning, but my evening shave will be this:

proxy.php

It really makes me wonder why I thought no one was making SE razors any longer back in the 1950s-60s, and I thought I had to choose between DEs, electrics, and Injectors only. No, I never for a moment considered a straight then, nor will I do so now.

Today was my Wilkinson Sword Empire #10 with Wedge blade. CO Bigelow cream/VDH Soap/Shave Secret super lather applied with my E&J Black Badger brush. After shave was witch hazel followed by L'oreal for Men face moisturizer and finished of with Catherine Herrera 212.

Maybe I'm moving off topic but...that's a great mug (scuttle?). Can you tell me about it? Where you got it? How to use it? Etc.

I was afraid posting a pic would do this. I am sworn to secrecy until I find another in case I drop this little jewel. Porcelain barber cup- fill the chamber with hot water like a scuttle, then make your lather in the other chamber that has the cross-hatching in the bottom that you can barely see under the Duke. I tend to face-lather, so I primarily just set my brush in there to stay warm for pass #2.

GEM 1912 Loaded with a Ted Pella group buy blade
An überlather of VDH and KMF
Alum
Gillette Cool Water AS
proxy.php

I was in a rush to the office so I was not able to report on the quality of the shave.

I had a few raspberries this morning, one under lip above my goatee, one above my lip and one on jaw line. Probably the third shave with the Ted Pellas that I had some minor issues. Not sure if I should be hand stroping these blades or not.

I was in a rush to the office so I was not able to report on the quality of the shave.

I had a few raspberries this morning, one under lip above my goatee, one above my lip and one on jaw line. Probably the third shave with the Ted Pellas that I had some minor issues. Not sure if I should be hand stroping these blades or not.

I dont strop them at all and I have been getting irritation free DFS-BBS shaves each time.

Top Bottom