What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

MMOC, GEM SS Blade (1), MWF, Semogue 830, alum, Aqua Velva blue

Still getting a lot of burn with the MMOC, especially on my neck. I changed the blade out after 4 shaves, thinking it was the blade. Nope. Just my poor technique. My lather was also a little thin today. MWF in grated sample form is ... not optimal.

Classic Shaving Cobra with a Feather ProGuard blade (I could stick with this one forever I think)

proxy.php

I've been using my Ever Ready Streamline exclusively this week. Conveniently I find I can get at least 7 shaves out of a GEM SE blade.

My shave this morning consisted of:

Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna cream
Omega Silvertip
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM SE (7)
Barbershop Bay Rum
TOBS St. James EdC

Very nice it was as well. All the shaves this week have been fantastic and BBS with this razor.$SOTD.jpg

Revisited GEM 1912 "Damaskeene only" with a Pella coated blade, MW Sandalwood and SOC boar. Despite face lathering problems, the razor turned in a beautiful shave. No ATG tugging this time.

My very worn beatup and looks unloved GEM 1912 with a GEM PFTE [1] blade and ARKO ARKO ARKO
The blade was new the shave was close with no irritation or blood.
Alum to finish with & some Nivea Sensitive Balm.
Great way to start a Sunday
I do believe that GEM have made the perfect razor or dammed close to it, I also want to try a Streamline mostly because I think it's beautiful.

:thumbup:

Cobra Classic/Kai Captain Mild (13)

The blade still has some signs of life,I may load another blade after shave 14.Fourteen face and head shaves is not bad at all in my book,it may even go 15.My head hairs are brutal on any blade,my face,not so much.My face whiskers are thick and wiry but not that dense so 14 shaves for me is great.

Early brass gem micromatic open comb with treet carbon blades.
Klar kabinett rose soap
Vulfix badger brush
Face lather.

Great shave!

Started the shave with Tech/Polsilver/Dr Dittmar wasn't working for me so I got out the GEM/PFTE [2] and all good again. That razor shaves so close it's amazing.

Gem Jr. Damaskeene loaded with a Feather Blade, restored horn handled brush filled with a TGM 24mm Super Silvertip knot, Yardley Old English Lavendar, O'Occitane BAVX Balm. First time with a lather catcher, and it was a great irritation free near BBS shave. $DSC01384.jpg

Top Bottom