What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

This morning I used a GEM Micromatic Open Comb with a Walgreens GEM blade, an Edwin Jagger badger brush, Van Der Hagen's deluxe soap, a Hazel Atlas shaving mug, and Caswell-Massey's Lime balm and aftershave.

WTG, ATG, and XTG resulting in a BBS, with just a few weepers. But man is my face smooth!

Schick Hydromagic Injector
Chinese Schick blade
Nividea Shave Foam (can)
Dickinsons WH astringent
Aqua Velva aftershave

SOTD Wednesday June 13, 2012
proxy.php

Prep: Tepid Water Shower, Brush soaking in cold water.
Razor: GEM Junior
Blade: Blue Star GEM Carbon
Brush: 1950's Stanley Badger Hair Brush
Soap: VDH
Cream: Kiss My Face Unscented
AS: Pinuad Clubam
Post: Cold Water Rinse, Naturally Fresh Alum, Second Cold Water Rinse, Bath of Clubman :biggrin:

Wednesday - June 13, 2012

Razor:
Schick E3
Blade: Schick @1
Soap: Mike's Natural Soaps Lime
Brush: Bestshave #7 Horse Hair
A/S: Pinaud Special Reserve w/444

GEM MMOC, GEM Stainless blade (2), VdH deluxe, Omega 49, Thayer's lemon witch hazel

Ah, yes... the MMOC is much more like my red tip. The push button is just way to mild to give me an efficient 2 pass shave. I'm not sure what all the fear is with the MMOC. I didn't find it to be dangerous at all (now watch me slice my upper lip tomorrow morning).

GEM Micromatic bullet knob Flying Wing with a GEM stainless PTFE coated blade but I changed to a Treet carbon blade after pass #1

proxy.php

OCMM, Walgreen's SS blade, Arko with C&E badger brush followed up with Master Bay Rum for me last night. Probably one of the best shaves I've had in a few weeks. (I've been rushed for time lately)

GEM MMOC, GEM Stainless blade (3), DR Harris Arlington, Semogue 830, Old Spice AS

The soap is a sample size, and it separated from the bottom of the bowl while I was loading my brush. A very thin, not so great lather was the result. I also had to throw the sample away.

Not a good shave due to poor lather. :mad3: Giving my face a rest until Sunday or Monday.

Plain old GEM 'Made in England' and still looking like new/one of those group buy blades(3)/Derby shave soap/Boar brush

There was a thread about using just one razor/blade/soap for a month and decided to use my GEM, it was a great month of good to wonderful shaves. Once the month was over i went back to playing with all my different razors DE/SE/straight with mixed results.

This morning the Tech and the Rocket just weren't working so i got out the GEM and finished the job .... another wonderful shave from a truely wonderful razor.

It will be the GEM again tomorrow too.

However many shaves I have accumulated on the particular Blue Star I put in the razor, it must've been nearly "enough". There's no visible mark on it, and it wasn't pulling, but it also was very "quiet" for an SE razor, and I finally gave up on the patch under my left jawline, cleaned that up with the Schick Hydromagic.

Razor; Gem Micromatic CP
Blade: Gem Blue Star
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Astringent: Dickersons
Aftershave: skipped (I'm going out early in the morning, I'll put it on then -- Probably Skin Bracer)

I'm a little uncomfortable posting to this thread, but it -=was=- a single-edge day.
Schick Dial Adjustable with the first run on a Gillette Platinum Plus injector blade.
Great blade! BBS in 2 easy passes!
-- Chet

Well, it was the Schick Dial Adjustable with the second run on a Gillette Platinum Plus injector blade.
DFS in 2 easy passes!
-- Chet

Top Bottom