What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

GEM Pushbutton, carbon steel blade (1), DR Harris Arlington, Semogue 830, Old Spice AS

My first shave with the PB, and I find it to be a very mild shave. I need to adjust my angles and muscle memory after shaving with my red tip for so long. Not a very close shave. No irritation, but my face isn't nearly as smooth as my last DE shave.

Also, only my second shave with the Arlington soap. I think my brush was too wet while loading... need to work on that.

well for me it was as Nice Gem 1912 with long Art Deco handle

1. 3rd time used SS Coated Gem Blade "From Group Buy"
2. Proraso Pre/Post Shave Cream, Set for 1 Minute Then Rinsed.
3. Creamo Cream Shaving Cream "Size of an Almond"
4. 3 Pass, WTG,XTG.XXTG
5. Rinsed the applied ShaveX Alum Block
6. Proraso Post Cream.

Awesome Shave, BBS 1912 is one Sweet Razor..

I had some Feather blades arrive yesterday so this morning I tried out the Valet ... blades are sharp and it's an agressive shaver so I managed to cut myself once! Only a tiny cut and due to me being in a hurry and not full awake.

GEM Pushbutton, carbon steel blade(2), DR Harris Arlington, Omega Pro 49, alum, WH, and Old Spice AS
(yes, it was that rough)

Will be a GEM Flying Wing for the first time tonight, with Razorock Classic, SOC boar and a GEM/Personna blade.

(yeah, I've got it bad enough that I'm spending the morning thinking about what I'll shave with tonight.)

Sometimes two is better than one...For today's shave of the day I decided to use two different razors; the FaTip Grande and the GEM Damaskeene 1912. There is no rule saying that you can only use ONE razor.

SOTD Saturday June 9, 2012

Prep: Tepid Water shower, Ice water brush soak. Noxzema Lathering Face Cleaner.
Razor 1: GEM Damaskeene 1912
Razor 2: FaTip Grande in Chrome
Blade 1: GEM Blue Star Carbon Blade
Blade 2: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black
Brush: 1950's Stanley Flat Top Badger
Soap: VDH
Cream: Kiss My Face Green Tea and Bamboo
AS: Gillette Cool Wave
Post: Cold Water Rinse, Naturally Fresh Alum, Second Cold Water Rinse, Heavy Splash of Cool Wave

proxy.php

Will be a GEM Flying Wing for the first time tonight, with Razorock Classic, SOC boar and a GEM/Personna blade.

(yeah, I've got it bad enough that I'm spending the morning thinking about what I'll shave with tonight.)

And lo it was so. Though my Mystic Waters samples arrived so went with that. Same again in about an hour...

well for me it was as Nice Gem 1912 with long Art Deco handle

1. 3rd time used SS Coated Gem Blade "From Group Buy"
2. Proraso Pre/Post Shave Cream, Set for 1 Minute Then Rinsed.
3. Creamo Cream Shaving Cream "Size of an Almond"
4. 3 Pass, WTG,XTG.XXTG
5. Rinsed the applied ShaveX Alum Block
6. Proraso Post Cream.

Awesome Shave, BBS 1912 is one Sweet Razor..
I must be insane, because i went at it again expecting a different result, if feels good to be insane with this Combo :w00t:

GEM pushbutton, GEM stainless blade (1), Semogue 830, Van der Hagen deluxe soap, Nivea Cooling ASB

The stainless blades are much better than the carbon blades for me. The pushbutton is still too mild for my taste. Moving on to the MMOC for the next shave.

Top Bottom