What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Back to the G-Bar. First shave with that SE the handle seemed awkward to me. Second shave with it a little while ago and it had no awkward feel to it at all. The flat of the handle rested comfortably and naturally on my 3rd finger. May run with it again tomorrow..... Unless my Streamline comes in the mail.... then all bets are off....

Today's Shave:

GEM G-Bar with a GEM stainless steel PTFE coated blade (from the group buy)
Today is shave #8 on that blade and it is still a keeper.

Simpsons Wee Scot brush - face lathering a Tabac shave stick
Tabac after shave. Topped with Tabac cologne

Another great shave with some great tools

proxy.php

Head: Schick Hydro-Magic /Chinese Schick Blades (2)
Face:Muhle r41 Grande/Astra SP (3)

I got a great headshave with the Schick,1 pass ATG no touchups BBS.
My head just doesn't like the r41,I can head shave with any other de or se razors in my arsenal.The good news is I get great face shaves with the r41 I did a 2 pass WTG,ATG,BBS no touchups or razor burn.

Razor/blade: Ever-Ready Streamline with a GEM stainless steel PTFE blade (shave #9 on this blade)
Brush/cream: Simpsons Polo 12 bowl lathering Truefitt & Hill Grafton cream
After Shave: Clubman Musk

proxy.php

GEM 1912, CVS carbon blade (5th shave), ice water Überlather of VDH and KMF and ice water shave. Finished with ice water rinse, alum and Clubman bath :wink2:

My face is as smooth as silk, so hard to beat this combo.

Ever ready 1912, Gem/Personna SS (1), cool water Razorock classic bowl-lathered with Vie long horsehair.
DFS, one small irritated spot.
Definitely a happy bunny today. (Would like to shave again. Like now. I dont care there's nothing left to shave. Wanna shave right now!)

OCMM/ s.s. walgreens blade
vintage williams mug soap with tallow
generic witch hazel
cool refreshing splash original skin bracer
DFS!

Got a second shave in last night since daughter decided to Occupy Dad's Side of Bed.

Ever ready 1912, Gem/Personna SS (2), cool water Arko bowl-lathered with Vie long horsehair.
DFS, two small irritated spots that I'll put down to shaving twice in a day.
happy bunny.

Got to look good today for the BBQ... 2 passes with the Damaskeene, ATG and touchups with Gramps straight. BBS, no irritation, just pure bliss. Finished off with Boosters Mosswood. It's going to be a great day.

Greetings, Ladies and Gents.
Thought it was time for me to chime in; today's shave was a bit of a rushed CCS with this gear on my way out the door.
$7273914658_9866205f40_b.jpg
Ever-ready 1914 (a hand-me-down)
VDH deluxe soap
VDH boar brush (good and broken in)
A fresh Treet blade.

Nothing fancy, but a great way to start the day!

Razor/blade: Ever-Ready Streamline -GEM stainless steel PTFE blade (shave #10 on this blade)
Brush/soap: Duke 1 face lathering Vitos green soft Italian soap
After shave: Avon Wild Country after shave balm followed up by Clubman

Got BBS in only 3 passes with the Streamline. Ready to do a forth but I could feel nothing to cut during the 3rd rinse so stopped.

proxy.php

Greetings, Ladies and Gents.
Thought it was time for me to chime in; today's shave was a bit of a rushed CCS with this gear on my way out the door.
Ever-ready 1914 (a hand-me-down)
VDH deluxe soap
VDH boar brush (good and broken in)
A fresh Treet blade.

Nothing fancy, but a great way to start the day!
Well, howdy, new poster! Glad to have you uncloak from LURK mode! I'll be shaving with an SE a little later. Right now, I'm trying to get an image out of a new camera and into my trusty old web-surfing box here. I have the manuals, and I read it, then nothing sticks. I didn't have much trouble at all with my Minolta digital and its software (what I didn't like was the way it ate battery charges in no time at all. I had to have way too many charged batteries on hand for the silly thing).

OK, it's about an hour and a half after I wrote my first paragraph. I used the newly acquired "Gbar", and a Gem Blue Star blade, with a Palmolive soap stick (first time for the stick and the razor). The shave I got was an excellent one, however, it required more passes than the Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf does. I got the best "end of my chin" results I've seen yet since trying these SE razors for the first time in nearly 60 years.

$Gem Gbar Razor.JPG.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday:

Vitos pre-shave
Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM blade (7)
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

I really love this Streamline. For the first time this morning I tried a cold water shave. Since the weather in the UK has decided that it's actually going to be relatively nice for a while the cold shave seemed apt.

Great results. I was a bit apprehensive about using cold water, but man, I'm impressed.

Top Bottom