What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

That it is.... I scored the Damaskeene from a client who gave it to me as he knows I love Old Razors.... Think I'll give him a bottle of SCS Refined Milk.... he will love it !!

Rough day today... Just shaving and it is after midnight.....

GEM push button - GEM stainless steel PTFE coated blade
Duke 1 face lathering Arko
Master Lilac Vegetol after shave

proxy.php

Arko & Lilac Vegetal - Now there's a winning scent combination! I may have to try this some day!

But today, the OCMM came through with flying colors! I'm still BBS more than 12 hours after I finished shaving. One can not ask for more than that from any razor.

Rough day today... Just shaving and it is after midnight.....

GEM push button - GEM stainless steel PTFE coated blade
Duke 1 face lathering Arko
Master Lilac Vegetol after shave

proxy.php

Gem Junior Bar with a Treet blade. This razor was (apparently) made in 1907, and is still a strong competitor with anything made since. I've got the original wooden handle, but prefer this one, from an Ever Ready 1914, for actually shaving. The baby oil is to inhibit rust on the blade.

proxy.php

Last edited:
. . with the Chinese injector blade, VDH Select soap, the G8 performed well, although I did not do quite so well myself. (No real reason to rush it, but I did so anyway. Still happens fairly often, but I shaved that way for 19 years and it's only six months, actually a little less, since reformation).

I used the same combo that I have for the past two weeks. A GEM 1912 and a CVS carbon steel blade. I've never used one for over two weeks, and I'm going for three. So far no issues at all. I may try four weeks.

Arko & Lilac Vegetal - Now there's a winning scent combination! I may have to try this some day!

But today, the OCMM came through with flying colors! I'm still BBS more than 12 hours after I finished shaving. One can not ask for more than that from any razor.

Ah but I used Master Lilac Vegetol Not Pinaud Lilac Vegetal.

Big difference what that one letter makes in the scent :lol:

1912 Damaskeene with loaded with a CVS Carbon
proxy.php

*Note: Lather was not ready, just took a quick picture so it could be posted

My most expensive razor was on a BIN listing, and I was bone tired from the constant bidding wars that always erupted any time I was interested in one of the "I" model Schick Injectors. I finally cleaned it up, put one of the Chinese Schick / Chick blades in it, stirred a weak lather in Honey Bee's "Ye Olde Barber Shop", which got much better transferred to my face, and obtained a veritable DFS in a pass and a half, plus a little cleanup. It worked better than the G8 has done (perhaps the slight increase in grip surface helped).

1912 with a GEM Blade. I had problems with the blades being bad after the first shave and have been palm stropping. I am now up to shave 3 with great results each time.

The good old G Bar today.
You know, I may never use my DE's or Straights again.
The G Bar is one that everyone must try. Similar to the micromatic yet somehow different.

I have used mine the past three days, despite having lots of other choices. It's my go-to razor when I want a smooth, safe, close shave without effort.

Gem featherweight
3 day old treet blade

p.s.
Masters Lilac is good stuff,I need to get more of it.Gave my last bottle away to a seriously ill friend.

Top Bottom