What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Ever-Ready 1912 with a GEM blade.
Snap- just had my second SE shave ever.
Ever ready 1912 and GEM (the ones from the 100 white box marked industrial use only - cheap:biggrin1:and perfectly ok for me)
both times with 2 days growth so it was pretty industrial I suppose.:001_smile:001_smile

Snap- just had my second SE shave ever.
Ever ready 1912 and GEM (the ones from the 100 white box marked industrial use only - cheap:biggrin1:and perfectly ok for me)
both times with 2 days growth so it was pretty industrial I suppose.:001_smile:001_smile

I love that razor. It was my first SE. Later I obtained a Schick Injector.

Razor: Ever-Ready
Blade: GEM
Brush: Simpson X1 Commodore best badger
Soap: Arko
AS: Alum, Nivea creme, Hugo Boss Soul EDT

proxy.php

Went back to my rolls today (never know if that counts as an SE) to compare to the ever ready.
different but not by much,
Rolls - takes more care but nice and close and in some ways smoother : less sharp? but with no safety factor could bite back at any time.
Ever ready with gem - forgiving in general but so sharp watch out if the angles wrong. nice not to have to worry about the corners though.

Razor: Schick I2 Hydromagic
Blade: Chick blade (already at about ten shaves on it)
Pre-shave cream: Burts Bees
Mug soap: Colgate
Astringent: Dickinsons WH
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Last edited:
Tonight's shave:
G Bar
Personna blade (1st shave)
Mama Bear's unscented
ER 100 with TGN Silvertip knot
Stetson AS

Until the 24th, I haven't had any single edge razors, after this shave I quite like them. It wasn't a BBS (with my facial hair growth it's almost impossible) but it was definitely a CCS.

Gem OCMM with a Walgreen's Gem blade.

My first ever shave with the open comb micromatic, and I liked it. Nice and smooth shave when combined with a great blade (those Walgreen's blades are excellent), and a good soap (Trumper Coconut, veggie version from a couple years ago).

The OCMM filled the bill for me perfectly: a tad more aggressive than a 1912, but still smooth. Just what I was looking for.

Ever ready 1912 again,
Gem blade #4 on two days growth, still looks as good as new!
Nearest to BBS I've got so far!
Proraso soap and nothing much else special except I really took my time to do a good job and get the technique right.
Tried the shavette two days ago and got a DFS but it took Ages, still really scared of that thing.

Top Bottom