What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

SOTD Thursday July 19, 2012
proxy.php

Prep: Brush soaking in hot water, face scrub with TSD Sandalwood soap, Tepid Water Shower
Razor: Schick Type E Injector Razor
Blade: NOS Schick Plus Platinum
Brush: Vie-Long LE Beehive Horse Hair
Soap: Tabac
AS: English Leather
Post: Cold Water Rinse, Alum, Cold Water Rinse, Double Splash Of Aftershave.

While looking through my shave of the day picture, I realized that it has been a while since I have shaved with my E Type. Every day I see Nick using his and I think "I really need to shave with mine tomorrow".

Being that I am participating in a blind blade test where I will be using the same razor every day for a month, I figured that this may be may last chance to use my injector. So this morning I broke out the old Schick, opened up a fresh pack of NOS blades and gave her a spin.

I forgot how nice of a shave that these old injectors give you. Two passes and light buffing is all it took for a shave that is so smooth, that it puts to shame many razors costing ten times as much.

I am sure that I will be saying "Damn I'm Smooth" (in my best Beavis impersonation) all day long, probably to the piont where either my co-workers or my wife will tell me to knock it off.

MMOC, GEM carbon (5), Cella, Semogue 830, alum block, Aqua Velva Blue

Still struggling with MMOC angle. Lots of scraping today, hence the alum. I also may be nearing the end of this blade's useful life. New blade on Monday.

This time tried the one on the top

$Stars2.jpg
Armed with GEM SS PTFE (3), Mystic Waters Bay Rum and a TGN silvertip with a really good face lather for once.
This razor was a touch smoother than the more pristine one (maybe thats why....) but still needed to go Flare tip SS for ATG and touch ups

ER 1914 with GEM PTFE SS blade (1), face lathered more Razorock Classic than I knew what to do with, TGN Silvertip

A goodly shave.

Schick F type with a Schick blade. Proraso, witch hazel, Myrsol amber, AOS AS balm.

$DSCN2135.jpg

Could someone please explain the differences between a Gem 1912, Ever Ready 1912, 1912 Damaskeene and a Gem 1912 Junior? Thoroughly confused.

Last edited:
Top Bottom