What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Cobra Classic/Kai Captain Mild (14)

Time to retire the Kai and try a Feather Proguard.The Kai was a great blade in the Cobra,I got 14 BBS face and headshaves out of 1 blade.That's a very good track record for me,I know I could have gone for 15 but I could tell it was time.

Today was my first shave with my megaphone handle GEM JR. loaded with a GEM SS blade. I was able to get a DFS shave with just one weeper. I also used Mystic Waters Cedar & Sage soap. This was my first time with any soap as I have always used creams. I was able to get an OK lather, that I hope to improve on as I dial in the process with soaps. Having been using a standard handle GEM JR. or a Ever-Ready 1912, the audio feed-back with the plastic handle was amazing. I think I will continue with the JR. before moving on to the GEM 1912 or the Damaskeene that I recently acquired. Happy Shaving on our Great Nations 236th Birthday!!!

Tom

SOTD Thursday July 5, 2012
proxy.php

Prep: Tepid Water Shower, Brush soaking in hot water
Razor: GEM 1912 Damaskeene
Blade: CVS Carbon
Brush: 1950's Stanley Flat Top Badger Brush
Soap: TSD Sandalwood
Cream: TSD Wheat Cream Sandalwood
AS: Gillette CoolWave
Post: Cold Water Rinse, Naturally Fresh Alum, Second Rinse, Double Splash Of Aftershave.

The 1912 Damaskeene with the rest of the 1912 variants are my favorite Single Edge Razors. I am not sure if it is due to me cutting my single edge teeth on them, or if I just really do think that they are the best.

I always get a great shave when loaded with a carbon blade. Although the carbons require a little more work I find that they remain very sharp and are more forgiving than their stainless steel or coated counterparts.

Two passes and light buffing produced an almost BBS. Cannot ask for much more on a day that is going to be both busy and miserbaly hot.

First shave with a Schick Injector, worked really well, nice shave!!
Speik stick, Pure badger brush, witch hazel followed by liquid fire...I mean Clubman Bay Rum :blink:

Fun shave!!
proxy.php

Saturday: Gem Junior Bar, Gem SS blade (1), TOBS Jermyn St, Thayers WH, TOBS ASB

Sweet shave with my newly re-plated GJB razor.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I'm a pretty boring guy when it comes to rotations (trying to work through my soaps and creams), so today's shave was the same as yesterday's.....
ER 1912 with a GEM PTFE(3) using Castle Forbes Lime and then Booster's Iced Lime AS.

For the first time ever, I used a Schick I2 injector that I graciously received from a fellow member. Did the left half of my face with a Gillette Fusion, and the other half with this injector. Despite having no experience using it, the Schick side is just as smooth with the 1 WTG pass I did. I'm anxious to use it again on my head later tonight.

Menghai,

Glad to hear that you're liking the I2 Injector. I too love Schick Injectors. Go easy on the head though, Bro. My Injectors chew my head up!! I love 'em for face shaving and have gotten some off my best shaves ever with them. Careful on the head! I find that the blade makes a huge difference with an Injector -- more so than most razors. I greatly prefer the Schick (China) injector blades. smile.

Today I used A Gem Flying Wing (with "all seeing eye"), TP Gem PTFE blade (8), TOBS Jermyn St. shave cream, hot then cold rinse, Thayers Super Hazel, and good ole Pinaud Clubman after shave. Great shave, not quite BBS, but very close. Life is good!

John

Menghai,

Glad to hear that you're liking the I2 Injector. I too love Schick Injectors. Go easy on the head though, Bro. My Injectors chew my head up!! I love 'em for face shaving and have gotten some off my best shaves ever with them. Careful on the head! I find that the blade makes a huge difference with an Injector -- more so than most razors. I greatly prefer the Schick (China) injector blades. smile.

Today I used A Gem Flying Wing (with "all seeing eye"), TP Gem PTFE blade (8), TOBS Jermyn St. shave cream, hot then cold rinse, Thayers Super Hazel, and good ole Pinaud Clubman after shave. Great shave, not quite BBS, but very close. Life is good!

John

Thanks for the words of warning. That's why I chose the I2 (over the allegedly more "aggressive" E2). It's also why I chose to try it on half my face, first. I might try WTG with the I2 this evening, and then finish it up with the Sensor Excel for the ATG pass.

Top Bottom