What's new

Single edge blade guide

Shoot, looks like they corrected their ad, now it's $24.73 for 120 blades. Not bad, but not killer... :glare:

Luckily, I got in just before they increased the price. Still a better deal than I've been able to find anywhere else, though, even at $24.

The only other non-ebay store that I've found that sells SE blades by the carton (120 blades) is http://www.shavesite.com/Treet-Blades_p_25.html. They want $55 per 120 (not terrible but not great), and they're the only place I've found that sells the PAL blades made for shaving.

Last edited:
Shoot, looks like they corrected their ad, now it's $24.73 for 120 blades. Not bad, but not killer... :glare:

Yet another wet shaving item gone up in price. It's not a terrible price hike but nowhere near as good as the original $14 plus. I'll make sure to stretch my 120 piece stash. :blink:

Yet another wet shaving item gone up in price. It's not a terrible price hike but nowhere near as good as the original $14 plus. I'll make sure to stretch my 120 piece stash. :blink:

Wow, same here. I sure am glad I got these a while ago when they were like $9.95 for 120.

Thanks Tom.

I'll just add that my experience with the Blue Stars led me to call them the Vega of SE Blades - they start rusting in the box. :)
I'll second the experience with the Blue Stars, I found keeping them in a cool dry place helps with the rust, so does a dry pat and mineral oil .

All Stainless Steal blades have some coating on the blade. Without any coating the blade will not stay sharp. It needs something to harden it. Some blades get additional extra coatings like Teflon. So if a company tells you all blades are coated, but it may not be the extra coating. You might find this youtube video on how double edge blades are made helpful. The process is not that different for single edge blades. Look at 3:15 on blade coatings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9PnTPIKd3g

Don't injector and shavette blades fall into the SE blades category too? It looks like the original post could be expanded and updated considerably. As is it is limited to Gem and Valet style blades. Just a suggestion.

The Feather blades will work "spineless" in some of the Gem/Star/Ever-Ready SE razors and can be used in others by adding a spine from an SE blade. Before using a Feather blade test it to make sure the blade doesn't slide backwards in the frame, the spine on an SE helps hold the blade in place.The only vendor I know of that currently stocks the Feather blade is www.razorbladesandmore.com

proxy.php

Do they work, spine or spineless, in a 40's Gem Junior?

EDIT:
I've found several answers googleing around: yes they work with a spine!

Last edited:
Maggard carries the stainless steel Feather blades as does the OneBlade. Best prices though I have seen have been from ebay sellers shipping from Japan. They are about the only source for the carbon steel blades if wanted

Maggard carries the stainless steel Feather blades as does the OneBlade. Best prices though I have seen have been from ebay sellers shipping from Japan. They are about the only source for the carbon steel blades if wanted

I've used the carbon feather SE blades and was quite disappointed. The purchasing options for Feather Stainless SE blades are less limited for customers outside the US; EU customers can buy from Connaught's, Gifts & Care in Spain, etc.

The OP mentions storing carbon steel blades with a cotton ball and sometimes a desiccant pack. Another option is a sealed container containing VCI paper (available from Amazon). This is a rust preventative paper product designed to wrap carbon steel items to prevent rusting. I recently received a NOS CV Heljestrand wedge razor blade wrapped in it, in still new condition. A pack of 1000 4" x 4" sheets is $16.20 on Amazon and should be enough for you and an army of friends. Store the paper in a sealed Ziploc bag to prevent loss of effectiveness long term.

The OP mentions storing carbon steel blades with a cotton ball and sometimes a desiccant pack. Another option is a sealed container containing VCI paper (available from Amazon). This is a rust preventative paper product designed to wrap carbon steel items to prevent rusting. I recently received a NOS CV Heljestrand wedge razor blade wrapped in it, in still new condition. A pack of 1000 4" x 4" sheets is $16.20 on Amazon and should be enough for you and an army of friends. Store the paper in a sealed Ziploc bag to prevent loss of effectiveness long term.

That's explains it for me. The OBLYC razor I received had one of the blades wrapped in this paper.
Thanks, my friend

linty1

My wallet cries.
Hello! I wasn't sure where else to ask this, new to se razors, but are there injectors blades that are guarded, like the Feather proglides? (but I'm looking for the shorter, injector blades, not ac ones).

Top Bottom