What's new

Is Lynn Abrams still Honing for Hire ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i put you on that list.... i have shaved with your edges and i will say they stand with anyones edges....
Thank you.

Paco=me so if he says you're good to go then I say you're good to go. BUT... I will take you up on your offer when I have a candidate to send you!
Anytime

Send me $20 and I'll deputize you!

"Deputy Chief Execitive Honemeister", has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

For $30 you can get "Attaché honemeister General", and you get a special badge to wear at meet-and-greet events.

$50 gets you a diploma, signed by me with a fancy gold seal "Honer Magna Cum Laude Illigitimi Non Carborundum" in swirly calligraphy (frame sold separately).
Nah, its just a piece of paper-like my diploma.

"too ugly"....chuckle... Won't take long...depends on the days' flesh-reaping quota of our razors...

at times i am astounded at some peoples lack of a sense of humor.... *(then again this is a visual medium and people can't always detect sarcasm or a joke)...

honestly i think Lynn would join in and poke fun back at us.. *(if he could find time to do so with the several hundred razors he hones daily.....)

judging from the running tally of razors honed he must keep a coti in one pocket and a eschler in the other pocket both with velcro attached on the back so he can stick them to the leg of his specially designed blue jeans where he can continue honing one handed as he goes about his everyday chores....

i hear the hardest part is not bumping the edge against the stone as you go up or down stairs...

:letterk1:

at times i am astounded at some peoples lack of a sense of humor.... *(then again this is a visual medium and people can't always detect sarcasm or a joke)...

honestly i think Lynn would join in and poke fun back at us.. *(if he could find time to do so with the several hundred razors he hones daily.....)

judging from the running tally of razors honed he must keep a coti in one pocket and a eschler in the other pocket both with velcro attached on the back so he can stick them to the leg of his specially designed blue jeans where he can continue honing one handed as he goes about his everyday chores....

i hear the hardest part is not bumping the edge against the stone as you go up or down stairs...

:letterk1:

Hmmm you should patent this idea, I think it has potential :lol:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
If it didn't cost so darn much, it would be fun to send him a modded GD66 to hone, with the stamping on the shank totally obliterated and ask him to test shave with it before sending it back. I bet he could hone it as good as a Badgerman, if he didn't know it was a Gold Dollar.

If it didn't cost so darn much, it would be fun to send him a modded GD66 to hone, with the stamping on the shank totally obliterated and ask him to test shave with it before sending it back. I bet he could hone it as good as a Badgerman, if he didn't know it was a Gold Dollar.
i would pitch in a couple bucks toward his honing fee for that....

actually Glenn is the one with the stick up his derrière about GD's... it would be epic to send him one like that....

Last edited:
Is Lynn still the Dr. Evil of honing.. and is Glen still "Mini me?" I don't follow "As The Stomach Turns" anymore...

Think if those 117 posts as one giant collective answer. Sometimes an answer is a multidimensional cloud and not merely a binary bit.

Cloud shaving - you don't keep the razor at home. You just drive down the road with your face out the window and pick up slices on the way. It's still a new concept but it promises to be the most efficient and inexpensive shave to date. If you want a shave with a Grelot, just scream something in French as you are driving. Might have to work some bugs out of the idea...

FWIW - I shaved with a razor that Lynn honed - just yesterday. It was a nice shave. However, like was said a couple of times, I prefer my own edges so I introduced the razor to my stones... my honing stones...

The OP wants Lynn - that is fair enough. Lynn can do the job and do it well. The other comments are funny as hell, though.

Is Lynn still the Dr. Evil of honing..

Lynn can do the job and do it well.

True, but it will cost him dearly. Last time I asked, he told me it would cost

$Screen Shot 2012-05-19 at 2.54.10 PM.jpg

I did send him one.

He honed it up and gave it away in one if their monthly giveaways.

Ironically, that give away was the very same month that the "official view" of Gold Dollars was pronounced and my subsequent banning. I don't think Lynn has said anything openly against the GDs that I know of.

I did send him one.

He honed it up and gave it away in one if their monthly giveaways.

Ironically, that give away was the very same month that the "official view" of Gold Dollars was pronounced and my subsequent banning. I don't think Lynn has said anything openly against the GDs that I know of.

no he hasn't to my knowledge... that lies directly at the feet of a couple of the mods....

they also don't like fans of murray carter either....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom