What's new

Overflowing praise for Nordstrom

I notice alot of inquiries about shoes recently in the Haberdashery so I wanted to share my recent experience with Nordstrom customer service. Last summer, during the annual Allen Edmonds sale, I bought a pair of Park Aves and a pair of Strands for the sale price of $199.90 each (normally $335). I went to the store, and, not understanding how the leather breaks in (since I suspect I've only worn corrected grain leather dress shoes before), I bought them in 10.5 EEE. These were my first pairs of AEs. Since then, I've completely fallen in love with AE shoes, and bought: Big Sur, Cascade, Preston, McAllister, and Bayfield. I've essentially re-done my shoe collection with AE. And I've realized that I am a 10, not a 10.5, EEE, especially in the 5 last, i.e. the last of the McAllister, and of course the Park Ave and Strand.

I had noticed that, especially with my Park Aves and, to a lesser extend, my Strands, they had gotten very big, as if my foot would slide around. It would start to get tiring walking. So I figured I would contact AE about seeing if I could pay the difference and get size 10s or something. Then I figure I should check with Nordstrom first, thinking they would direct me to AE. Instead of doing that, they told me they would exchange them, despite being heavily worn, and the fact that I did not keep my receipt! The 10s are due to be delivered today, about a week after I first made inquiry. And I could either return the originals, free of charge, or just bring them into the store. They were able to look up, despite not having a receipt, or even the original boxes, my original sale and credited me fully. They stayed in contact all throughout and I cannot say enough good things about their customer service.

So, for anyone who is interested in making their first purchase of AEs, or really anything at Nordstrom, feel free to buy with confidence!

Nordstrom's is HIGHLY REGARDED as having the BEST customer service of all department stores. They go above and beyond to satisfy their customers and it is evident in every single store you go into.

I live in Jacksonville, Fl. = no stores. My mother lives in Seattle, Wa. = Flagship store + many others. I visit MAYBE once a year. She shops there frequently and they know her by name. I've visited their flagship store twice (once in college, once more recently) roughly 10 years apart. The same guy was working and remembered my name. He remembered my sizes. He remembered my preferrences. Freakish even. Each year for Christmas I get a package of clothing (usually dress shirts, slacks, ties and some casual swag) in which all my mother has to do is place a call. Fritz puts things together, ships it out and charges mom's card. No questions asked. I know their returns/exchange policy is very accomodating as well. I don't even buy things at Dillards or any other local store simply because its easier to call Fritz and just tell him what I need...he takes care of it. If you ask me, that's service.

+1 Nordstrom Rocks!

I bought my last two suits from NR and some Woodlore shoe trees - I love browsing their stock as they always have something I want. never had any problems with customer service, so they're good in my book

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Nordstrom is always my FIRST choice. I have enjoyed shopping at their Flagship Seattle location as well as Tampa International Plaza and Fashion Mall Indianapolis where I just purchased a suit for my wedding, a conservative Calvin Klein in medium grey. I need a new pair of Ecco loafers and I will retrieve them at Nordstrom of course!

True their customer service is ledgendary. There was once what was know as the "Nordstrom Pany Hose Club" where women would buy panty hose at Nordy's wear them until they got a run or snag and return them over and over for an endless supply of new ones. I know that once, about 25 years ago, I had driven about three hours to attend a black tie dinner and forgot to pack shoes... I went to Nordsrom in Lakewood, CA and purchased a very nice (read expensive) pair of black shoes, wore them to the dinner and returned them for a full refund the next day... not my proudest moment but still legendary! Plus they have AOS and Jack Black products.

Last edited:
Top Bottom