• Gillette Swedish

• Merkur

• Personna

• Personna Platinum/Crystal (Israeli)

• Tesco

• Treet Blue Special

• Wilkinson Sword

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd like to get a consensus on what the favorite blades are of experienced DE users. If you haven't tried at least five different blades, please don't vote.

Pick your all over favorite based on your own criteria.

V

VR6ofpain

If you haven't tried at least five different blades, please don't vote.

There is no poll to vote with.

Anyway, my personal favorite is an ISP (Israeli Super Platinum). I buy them from WestCoastShaving in the Crystal 10 packs. Sharp enough, while still being gentle. Blade lasts a good 5-6 shaves, and will go 7+ if needed.

Lately it's been the Dorco blade. You can purchase it from fellow member letterk. It's inexpensive and very smoooooth.

I voted Feather, but I need to revisit the Dorco. I remember it being fair to above average, but not mind-blowing, but it does have a lot of fans.

Others that I find a close second tier to the Feather:
Derby
Crystal
Astra Platinum
Gillette Swedes

Lately it's been the Dorco blade. You can purchase it from fellow member letterk. It's inexpensive and very smoooooth.

+1 on the Dorcos - they're going to replace the Derby's as my go-to blade.

Sharp (but not Feather sharp, which I find too sharp) and very smooth - even on the first shave.

Oh and only 8 cents per blade to boot!

As for my favourite blades, I don't have a favourite, as I like to mix it up a little and I use different blades in different razors.

I'd like to get a consensus on what the favorite blades are of experienced DE users. If you haven't tried at least five different blades, please don't vote.

Pick your all over favorite based on your own criteria.

Hmmmmmm well I cant vote, most of the blades you list except for 2 are not readily available over the counter here in the UK, except Tesco & Wilkinson Sword, most of the others have to be purchased via the web.

Regards
NIGEL

Hmmmmmm well I cant vote, most of the blades you list except for 2 are not readily available over the counter here in the UK, except Tesco & Wilkinson Sword, most of the others have to be purchased via the web.

Regards
NIGEL

Sainsbury's sells rebranded Dorko's.

I voted Derby. Until last month, I could get them at literally 60 ft from my doorstep (Turkish convenience store at the corner of my street). Looks like I'll have to order them in the Netherlands from now on.

I voted for the Swedes as they are IMO the best combination of sharpness and smoothness, but the Sharp blade is a close second. Unfortunately it's not a choice in the poll.

jim

Probably "Swedes" ... but many of the top tier blades are very close. When you consider the vagaries of different beards, preps, razors and soap, almost any blade can be a winner on a given day.

~jerry

My favorite blade, the Red Israeli Personna, is not on the list. Though said to be manufactured in the same plant in Nazareth as the No-Name IP, it gives me much better shaving performance. For me, it's ideal - Swede-like performance at a bargain price.

Chuck

Top Bottom