Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New**** iKon razors

Default I kon open comb, where I can get

Hi all Forgive my English use a translator.
    I'm trying to get an Ikon on its website but no prices on eBay and are shot, I could give some advice?: Confused1

Quote Originally Posted by uri79 View Post
    Hi all Forgive my English use a translator.
    I'm trying to get an Ikon on its website but no prices on eBay and are shot, I could give some advice?: Confused1
    Look at bullgooseshaving.net. They have a few new Ikons in stock. I don't know about open comb, but at least it is a place fxor you to start. Good luck.

Godan Thanks I have a look

One on Ebay but price is up to $238 USD
    Getting older and life is too short to not spend a little money on things I enjoy.

Default *Ikon H20

Just bought an IKon H20 through Bullgoose and I know that Ikon is a filtered vendor on here but holy crap this has given me a closer shave than either of my slants or my R41 - a quality razor at a fair price - and amazing service from Phil @ Bullgoose as ever!! Anyone hesitating over Ikon's product I would say jump in and buy from Phil - at least you've then got some degree of comeback!

I don't think Ikon is a filtered vender anymore.
    -Jay
    Simpson, when you want a scratchy overpriced brush...

I've been thinking about getting one of these next year. There's a lot of folks around here that won't buy an iKon as the owner/operator is apparently a d-bag or a design theif or both. That doesn't enter into it for me. Those who have bought an iKon love them for the most part, an the design of the H20 is pretty cool IMHO. When I do get one, I'll go through a reputable vendor like Bullgoose, whose customer service, by all accounts, is exemplary.

TLDR: I'm buying a product, not a personality. After all, wasn't King Gillette kind of a wackjob utopian commie?
    Johnny Dingo

Quote Originally Posted by El Dingo Satanico View Post

After all, wasn't King Gillette kind of a wackjob utopian commie?

Yes, but more than "kind of."

Quote Originally Posted by El Dingo Satanico View Post
    I've been thinking about getting one of these next year. There's a lot of folks around here that won't buy an iKon as the owner/operator is apparently a d-bag or a design theif or both. That doesn't enter into it for me. Those who have bought an iKon love them for the most part, an the design of the H20 is pretty cool IMHO. When I do get one, I'll go through a reputable vendor like Bullgoose, whose customer service, by all accounts, is exemplary.

TLDR: I'm buying a product, not a personality. After all, wasn't King Gillette kind of a wackjob utopian commie?
    I think that's an unfair characterization of Greg, but that's just another opinion. I've gotten some of the best non-straight razor shaves of my life from my iKons, and Greg has always been a pleasure to communicate with. However, if I didn't purchase products (not accusing you or anyone in general) because I didn't favor the inventor or the retailer, I'd be a very rich man because I'd rarely spend a dime. The only vendors I no longer support are ones who have personally offended/attacked me.

I think you will be very happy with your H2O when the time is right. And+1 for Phil as well.

I just purchased the OSS from Phil and the razor looks and shaves awesome-However Greg seems like an idiot from what I've seen from his quotes to people but I was interested in his productand it is great-PS Phil--2 days from California to Florida? amazing
    Last edited by beisler; 12-23-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    BARRY BBS OR BUST --- STRICTLY A LOSER---BOTOC---MWF-MDC ONLY

I couldn't agree more, my sk9 shaves me as close as my 39c slant and without any irritation or burn... Even with the alum block after... Very very Lil sting. Liked my sk9 I decided to buy the s3s and I hope it shaves me equally as well or better.

Default ***iKon OSS $99 on their website

Their website says they only have 5 in stock....I can't afford one right now, or I would get one. This definitely won't last long!

http://ikonrazors.com/shopping/index...roducts_id=137
    publius2k4 "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan

Images

Yep... this will sell fast. I have read some great reviews on this razor. However... I would choose the Weber DLC w/ bulldog handle.

WARHAWK
    Gentlemanly Restraint Until Christmas Survivor (2013 Edition)
    Head Shaver: Having double the fun by shaving my face & dome !!!

MEL. . . Steward of the Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In

I wish I had the coin.

Someone on here posted a deal with Ikon a while back. Somthing about a problem with their plating and picked one up for about the same price. Not long after all the plating fell off. His thoughts were to spend the extra coin and get a standard one. I only bring this up because on the site it says there is a tiny blemish on it. Not sure if it affects performance. Just a thought.
    I could probably load Tabac on a Q-tip and still get a decent lather

Images

How can plating fall off? It's made out of stainless steel, not brass, right?
    One, two! One, two! and through and through...The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    My Vorpal Razors

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty1 View Post
    Someone on here posted a deal with Ikon a while back. Somthing about a problem with their plating and picked one up for about the same price. Not long after all the plating fell off. His thoughts were to spend the extra coin and get a standard one. I only bring this up because on the site it says there is a tiny blemish on it. Not sure if it affects performance. Just a thought.
    I remember reading that thread. Just a cautionary tale in case anyone is interested.

Images

Apparently not all his razors are 100% stainless.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...-from***-ikon!
    Mike

Don't chase the good at the cost of the best.

Steward in the Shaving Brush Forum
    How to Clean and Care for your shaving brush

Default iKon 2PB

I'm curious if there are any iKon 2PB users out there who can give me a short review of the razor. I really want to buy one, but can't find any opinions/experiences.

Thanks,
    Chris - TOFLAC-U - BOTOC - Order of Pinaud - USAF Retired 1979-2005

I'm interested too.