What's new

Tweezerman Brush broke today!

My Tweezerman brush broke today after only having it for about three weeks :mad3:. The brush bristles detached from the handle, it came unglued. I guess that is the way it goes when you pay only 10 dollars for a badger brush. I must say I did like it, although I have just used it and an 8 dollar Van Der Hagen boar brush that I had purchased at Walgreens. I am however going to attempt to take Tweezerman up on their supposed lifetime warranty. Has anyone else returned one of their brushes that had broke? Did they send you a new one? I know that what happened to mine has happened to other ones. If Tweezerman sends a new one out I will be very happy. I like their brush way better than my VDH brush. So I will be stuck using my VDH brush till Tweezerman sends me a replacement (I hope).

You are not shaking it hard to get the water out after rinsing it are you? That's the easiest way to pop a knot. If it came out cleanly you can always re epoxy it back in.

I've had mine for about two months without having any problems, but sometimes a lemon can get out. I shake the excess water out while holding the bristles between thumb and forefinger, also I hang my brushes in a stand so that water will not run back into the knot which can break down the glue. I hope that Tweezerman makes good on their guarantee for you. Good luck!

Last edited:
Turtle,

Actually that is exactly what I had been doing. Oops. That could have caused it. I do hang it on a stand after I am done. I will send it out to Tweezerman today, and see what happens.

Turtle,

Actually that is exactly what I had been doing. Oops. That could have caused it. I do hang it on a stand after I am done. I will send it out to Tweezerman today, and see what happens.

If you are going to shake a brush you should shake it lightly.

Wipe it back and forth on a dry towel to help form the knot then sit aside to dry.

Brushes with large heavy knots will pop easily if shaken so remember this if you spend over $200 for a brush. Don't shake it :lol:

Popped knot syndrome?

Will this voyage of discovery never end?

I'd epoxy that sucker back in and call it good.

If the glue is good, you can shake your brush like a misbehaving baby all day long.
If the glue is bad (like Tweezermans seems to be), it'll pop out by itself sooner or later.

Top Bottom