What's new

MdC - Coconut Oil: Chamomile & Lemon....Thoughts

Coconut Oil

I'm about to order some more MdC and was wondering if anyone has used this product?

It appears to be paste like or a harder substance, almost like honey, but I have no idea what it's like or how it performs of if it's worth trying.

$-huile-de-coprah-camomille-et-citron-.jpg $-huile-de-coprah-camomille-et-citron-.jpg

Google Translation of Description
* This oil, fine and nourishing, may be applied in small quantities, on a dry or wet skin, massaging gently. It should be face-to-use oil in the morning or evening, before a make-up, after shaving, for a baby after her toilet .... etc.

Last edited:
It's your lucky day.. i'm french canadian ;) "Huile de Coprah" is a different name for "Huile de Coco" which is basically just Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is solid until you touch it... it becomes liquid on contact and penetrates very rapidly in the skin.

You can get the same results for MUCH LESS money if you find virgin coconut oil and scent it yourself.

It's your lucky day.. i'm french canadian ;) "Huile de Coprah" is a different name for "Huile de Coco" which is basically just Coconut Oil. Coconut oil is solid until you touch it... it becomes liquid on contact and penetrates very rapidly in the skin.

You can get the same results for MUCH LESS money if you find virgin coconut oil and scent it yourself.

Getty Up! Thanks from Winnipeg.

Hum.. been trying to edit my post and it just stalls with Chromium 18... I just wanted to add, make sure it's VIRGIN coconut oil. Anything refined will clog your skin pores. You also don't need a lot.. too much of it can irritate the skin. I know that in the US Wal-Mart sells coconut oil for really really cheap. I just don't know what type it is.. Wal-Mart Canada doesn't carry it.

I have some of this. If you order it be careful, depending on the temperature, it will either be a very soft solid or a liquid. When I first received my package and opened it, it was a very very soft solid. I didn't think much about temperatures, and later that night after my evening shave I opened the jar and spilled out about 1/5 of it onto the floor, because it had melted and I hadn't been expecting a liquid.

It is pretty good stuff. I only used it for a week or so, then stopped because my skin started to break out, but I'm not sure if it was because of the oil, or because of something else. I was trialing a lot of new products during that time, and just haven't had a chance to go back to it yet. Made my skin feel great though.

If you are from Winnipeg, try this here
http://www.creationsfromeden.com/ca..._oils/carrier_oils/coconut_oil_fractionated_1
it's about 4$+shipping for a small bottle.

I ordered a book from them a while back, great people to deal with, and they are in Alberta. Shipping time should be more than reasonable.
Fractionated coconut oil has less chance of blocking your skin pores, it's a bit lighter. Since it remains liquid, you can easily mix an EO or FO.

If you're set on trying "normal" coconut oil, they sell 2 pounds (!!) for 10$. Works great in the kitchen too lol

If my current supplier (closer, in Ontario) closed down, I would have no problem switching to creationsfromeden.

I have some of this. If you order it be careful, depending on the temperature, it will either be a very soft solid or a liquid. When I first received my package and opened it, it was a very very soft solid. I didn't think much about temperatures, and later that night after my evening shave I opened the jar and spilled out about 1/5 of it onto the floor, because it had melted and I hadn't been expecting a liquid.

It is pretty good stuff. I only used it for a week or so, then stopped because my skin started to break out, but I'm not sure if it was because of the oil, or because of something else. I was trialing a lot of new products during that time, and just haven't had a chance to go back to it yet. Made my skin feel great though.

i have very similar experience. my lemon ASB was hard packed and solid when i 1st got it. when i pulled it out a couple days later, it had shifter and was very liquidy. then a day or so later, it was hard again. i finaly got around to using it today after my AOS Lemon cream shave and am not sure i was using it properly. i put a small dab on my finger, smeared it on my palms and face. it left my face greasy, oily, almost like vasoline or liquid aloe or baby oil. then about 15min later, the oilyness was gone and the greasy feel was gone.

i used it after a WH application, let dry, then used some of the lemon asb on a dry face with dry hands.

anyone know what the proper procedure for using this stuff is. on a dry face, wet face, wet hands etc?

once i use it a few more times, i'll be able to post a review, i'm just working on getting the application down and will see how it works after a WH, Skin Food and a few other scenarios.

I ended up with some by mistake when I added a set (L'Ekipment Nature)to my cart which included it along with alum & the soap (I thought I was just buying the soap and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing). I think it's OK but I only use it occasionally, so don't think I'd order it again. I do appreciate that it is not heavily scented. For guys who like pre-shave oils, it might make a nice alternative.

used again today after an application of Lime Skin Food on a wet face. i waited for the SF to dry, then applied a small dab of the MdC ASB.

much better then yesterday. less greasy, less oily, absorbed much faster and left no residue. so far so good.

Last edited:
Well it's been quite a while since I have used my Lemon MdC AS, as I have switched to splashes this year and really loving them. But I was in my shave room today, not in need of any AS balms, but decided to dab a bit on...WOW.

again, light scent, very little goes a long way and just rehydrated my face and left a nice fresh lemon scent.

I'll probably add this to my summer routine and/or in my camping bag as the little container is perfectly sized and it's a non-liquid so no worry of leakage.

I'll have to remember to use this more often for mid-day pick ups and/or when I want to give a little extra moisturiser to my face.

I got some the last time I ordered from MdC but I soon sold it on. It smells FANTASTIC!!

As others have already said, it is a solid up to about 25-30C. I got mine in the English winter so it was hard like tarmac. Just a few minutes on the radiator and it turned to molten ice cream. I wiped a bit on my face but it caused quite a bit of tightening. My skin is so sensitive though and can't take many things. I got scared so sold it on.

Top Bottom