What's new

Let's see your lather!

$Lather.jpg

MWF, hard water, Tweezerman badger, after face lathering via Lathering Made Simple(tm). This is what was left on the brush.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Here are some of my lather images.

Klar Klassik.
proxy.php

Vitos Red Extra Super with coconut oil.
proxy.php

TOBS Jermyn Street soap.
proxy.php

TFS (Tcheon Fung Sing) Bergamotto Neroli.
proxy.php

No one makes a better lather than you, Chris! Excellent! :thumbup:

I had relegated GFT Coconut Oil soap to second tier status, but I've been getting some top notch lather as I finish the last third of the puck!

proxy.php

certainly have some frosty looking pics in this thread, chris' pictures make my lather feel inadequate, i have the sudden need for a bigger brush

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Every time I see that set by Xillion, I determine to never post a lather photo again! :lol:

Seriously, though, my Canon camera is in Philadelphia, and in Chicago all I have is a BlackBerry camera. I cannot do justice to these. They are all nice!

P

pdillon

Inspirational! I just did a couple of practice lathers because of this thread. Seriously, it's nice to see pictures like this. I have been leaving my lather undercooked. An extra minute spent whipping it into shape is making a big difference.

A good tip...Whip that lather until you think you have it just right. Place a little between two fingers and test how slick it is. It should be very slick. Once you have it just right, add a few drops of water and continue whipping the lather. Keep going until you finally see where it starts to break down. This will give you a very good idea how far you can go with the cream or soap you are lathering with. I still at times will get my brush out and pick a cream or soap and do a test lather to see how far I can go with it before it reaches it's outer limits. I will even apply it to my face to see how it covers and feels. It's a good way to test your different brushes as well. Afterwards, I just wash off the lather from my face and clean up and put it all away again until next time. Don't be afraid to experiment using some soap and some cream together. Add a couple drops of glycerine and experiment some more. Chances are you will not run out of soaps or creams! Just have some fun with it.

How long does it take you guys to get these awesome lathers? Seems like it would take forever and a lot of product too. I'm still working on my technique.

I cover the tips of my brush and whip the lather for about 60 to 90 seconds before I achieve a great lather. Not much product at all is used.

I chant the ABCs in my head. Get to Z, the brush is loaded.
That is a useful bit of info. I'll try that on my next shave. Thank you sir. Got some glycerin based soap on the way and some razor rock xxx coming also. So my lathers should be getting better soon.

Omega #48 with "Men's Estoril Sports Line" shaving cream

*Snip*

Amen! Wet, thick, creamy, heavy-looking lather. Fluffy lather is pretty, but I much prefer to use the kind of stuff in the photo.

oversaturn, my compliments on a divine-looking lather.

P

pdillon

Like I said above, this thread has inspired me to do some practice lathers. Here are a couple of pics I snapped:
$IMG_20120518_211952.jpg$IMG_20120518_212337.jpg

That is a useful bit of info. I'll try that on my next shave. Thank you sir. Got some glycerin based soap on the way and some razor rock xxx coming also. So my lathers should be getting better soon.

I can't take credit for that. I watched a video, I think it was Marco's, and that was his tip. I just stole it!!:innocent:

Like I said above, this thread has inspired me to do some practice lathers. Here are a couple of pics I snapped:

pdillon, one thing you may want to keep in mind, as its at least true for me lol, the lather i make for pictures in this thread are not the same as what i shave with, at least for the amount of lather I make, I make enough for a three pass when its shave time, when i take Pics its probably enough for a 10 pass lol amount is not nearly as important as quality of lather, plus you dont want to make more then you have to so your products last longer

Plus i wanted to throw up a pic of the new RR lather as that stuff is just great but still cant find my camera case with charger, i am certain now the cat "did something" with it time to look in the last places i would expect to find it if nothing else should be worth a chuckle

Top Bottom