What's new

Which is your choice/favorite type of 7'o clock blade?

Hope all is well with U and your family. Which is your favorite 7'o clock blade? I currently have a couple of sampler of the 7'o clocks: 7'o clock super platinum with the black case, 7'o clock super stainless w/ the green case, 7'o clock super platinum w/ the navy blue case. I also noticed in my search that there is a 7'o clock with the yellow case. If I miss anything... please correct me.

So... looking forward 2 hearing your thoughts & experiences w/ the 7'o clock blades. I haven't tried them yet but just wanted 2 get a better idea on these blades. Thanks in advance 4 your knowledge and input on 7'o clock blades.

WARHAWK

Agreed. The blacks are IT. They are very smooth and give a very close shave. The longevity for me wasn't awesome, but that is not important when you can get an awesome couple of shaves outta them. I'm getting ready to place an order for 100 of em. I haven't tried the blues from that place over there with the dictator yet, but I want to. The yellows were really harsh for me, and I'd revisit them, but I found out how to use a Feather so I don't care now.

Team Black here. Even better than Feather for me. Way better than the yellows.

Off topic: Warhawk, I love northwest FL! I lived there for a few years back in the late '90's, and miss it. I still take my family back to Walton county on vacations.

I love the Blues, and are currently my goto blades for my Futur, although I haven't tried the black ones (I did try green & yellow).

WOW for me it's kinda weird. Blacks to me are the sharpest and give a good close shave in a modern razor. The Yellows give me the smoothest comfortable shave and work best in my vintage razors.

I've tried the blues and I just got two tucks of blacks in the mail today and will be doing a side by side comparison.

I find Blacks the sharpest but my technique obviously needs work because I nick my self way too often. The Blues are the best balance between sharpness and "safety" for me. The Yellows are very similar to Red IP's to me--which is fine. I'm using Czech Blues now and love them. Never tried Greens.

I too would put the Indian blacks above the Russian blues or yellows. I go back and forth on the blues versus yellows; the former is smoother, the latter is sharper. I tend to use the blues in a more aggressive razor and the yellows in a milder razor.

The benefit of the blues and yellows is better availability and pricing over the blacks. Whenever I think of picking up blacks, say from Razorbladesandmore, I find myself getting the silver blues, which is another Gillette blade worth considering. The Russian silver blue is like the Indian black turned up a notch on both sharpness and smoothness. With good technique, it gives a wonderful shave. But it is easy to end up with weepers or burn if you are sloppy or heavy handed.

I've tried green & yellow. Hate the green, absolutely love the yellow (just did my 2nd blade try w/ a yellow, my initial thoughts confirmed - legit contender w/ Feather IMO).

I have a few blues I have not tried yet, but is on the docket for trail next week. Have not tried blacks, but really want to given the general consensus on B&B on their quality.

I have a box of yellows, I have yet to try, I've only tried the Blues from Prague, thus far. I have two Russian Blues, too. I should sample a Black.

The blues kick butt with my R41, thus far.

Hope all is well with U and your family. Which is your favorite 7'o clock blade? I currently have a couple of sampler of the 7'o clocks: 7'o clock super platinum with the black case, 7'o clock super stainless w/ the green case, 7'o clock super platinum w/ the navy blue case. I also noticed in my search that there is a 7'o clock with the yellow case. If I miss anything... please correct me.

So... looking forward 2 hearing your thoughts & experiences w/ the 7'o clock blades. I haven't tried them yet but just wanted 2 get a better idea on these blades. Thanks in advance 4 your knowledge and input on 7'o clock blades.

WARHAWK

Defiantly black. Better than the feather for mte.

Top Bottom