What's new

Mystic Water: I Believe!

Michelle makes amazing soap! i love her Bay Rum as it is intoxicating. Had a fellow member comment on how wonderul a brush i sold to him smelled and he wanted to buy the soap. It was, of course, Mystic Water Bay Rum! She has more than enough scents for now! Michelle is also working on a shave stick which i was fortunate enough to test the prototype. Hopefully, it will be coming out soon. Enjoy!

I would be that fellow member! Took your word on it, celestino, and ordered some samples: Bay Rum (of course), Cedar and Sage, and Mysore Sandalwood. My wife asked what that nice smell was when we were in the car on Sunday. I asked her if it was the flowers or me. Sniffed my face and said it was me: Bay Rum soap. Still can't say that it smells like Bay Rum to me, but I sure like it regardless! The Cedar and Sage is nice, too, but I don't get either one from this soap. Smells like cinnamon toast to me. Again, still nice. Haven't got around to the Sandalwood yet. I also followed your advice, celestino, and got some samples from Mike. I'll start working on them once I finish with the MW samples: Barbershop, Pine and Cedarwood, and Orange Cedarwood & Black Pepper.

On a side note, I am now interested in Bay Rum fragrances. If I could find a Bay Rum that smells like MW Bay Rum soap, I'd buy it!

I'm frustrated as could be by this soap. I have the Marakesh. Scent is amazing, face feel post-shave is incredible. Lather is simply problematic. Today I whipped up (face lathering with my Chubby 2 Super 2-Band) what appeared to be incredibly thick luxurious lather. By the time I set down the brush and picked up the straight, the lather was breaking down. I still got a great shave, but there is simply no cushion and little glide from the lather. I love the scent and face feel, but I'm about to give up after about 8 shaves with this soap...

I received my samples yesterday and just tried a test lather just now according to the directions on their website. The Bay rum lathered up easily. I'll try it out in the morning to see how it compares to my favorites.

I'm frustrated as could be by this soap. I have the Marakesh. Scent is amazing, face feel post-shave is incredible. Lather is simply problematic. Today I whipped up (face lathering with my Chubby 2 Super 2-Band) what appeared to be incredibly thick luxurious lather. By the time I set down the brush and picked up the straight, the lather was breaking down. I still got a great shave, but there is simply no cushion and little glide from the lather. I love the scent and face feel, but I'm about to give up after about 8 shaves with this soap...

There is a thread dealing with your problem. JCinPA had the same problem and was able to solve it by starting with a dry brush and SLOWLY adding tiny amounts of water at little at a time to come up with a stable lather. MW, for some, has a very narrow tolerance range for water to soap ratio. For him, if he goes just a little bit over on the water, he was getting the break-down. (I don't have the problem with my water)

On the other hand CVAC was tenacious in trying to get the soap to work for him, because of the great skin feel after the shave, but was never able to get it to work for him.

I had the same problem. I just didn't have the patience for using a special technique with it and working it in a bowl. Ended up PIFing my bowl of MW Lime. I have way too many products that are simply easier to use without much thought.

I had the same problem. I just didn't have the patience for using a special technique with it and working it in a bowl. Ended up PIFing my bowl of MW Lime. I have way too many products that are simply easier to use without much thought.

+1. i finally got mine to work (still not with a hot scuttle), but the amout of effort has jared my opinion of it and it's been shelved for a while now...

like you said, too many other top notch, no brainer lather products, leaves little to no time for me to pull this one out any longer.

It weird how there are shavers that have trouble with this soap and yet there are many like myself that have no trouble at all. Initially I didn't use enough water but once I figured that out, it's been a super easy soap to lather for me. About the only thing I can think of that's been easier for me is the RazoRock line.

I can honestly say that Mystic Water is my second favorite soap, only trailing behind Tabac because I find the Tabac scent intoxicating.

Top Bottom