What's new

YOUR experience with shaving sticks...

I tried Tweex and Derby sticks recently, and I found them very similar to Arko in scent and quality. I have the 3 of them side by side, and after airing them out I couldn't tell the difference were it not for the different labels!

Ive used palmolive, speick , La toja, valobra, boots, arko, moos, tabac, a mamas bear stick cant remember which, I melt all VDH into sticks, and I also melt Colonel conks soap into sticks. The ones that I think I will always continue to buy are palmolive, speick and la toja. The ones Im still wanting to try are wilkonson sword, the new lea and I think theres one made in the Netherlands I just cant remember the name.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
The other thing that I noticed with shave stick is that I use a smaller surface when I charge my brush. Meaning, it won't melt as quickly than a puck of soap.

Shave sticks: perfect for weekday morning shaving and for travel. I'm grateful for various B&B threads that got me into them.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I just refilled an empty QED stick with Arko. I don't like containerless shave sticks.

I tried Tweex and Derby sticks recently, and I found them very similar to Arko in scent and quality. I have the 3 of them side by side, and after airing them out I couldn't tell the difference were it not for the different labels!

+1. Same feeling there. Good performance, scent...........what hasn't been said.
Having tried the Palmolive and Valobra, these two are excellent performers and the Valobra leaves your face feeling brand new.

If I was stuck on a desert island and only had Arko to shave with, I'd have no complaints. La Toja is also a wonderful product, but Arko is the only stick I could use on an every shave basis without complaint.

I love the sticks for traveling. I've only used LaToja and Arko before and La Toja is my favorite all around.

Top Bottom