What's new

GEM/ Ever Ready blades

Having seen a number of good reviews from various people using the GEM Micromatic and British made Ever Ready safety razors I am keen to purchase one for myself. There are a few available on ebay, so I doubt I will have any trouble finding one I like, but I am a little uncertain as to what blade I should use with it. I know that they use single edge blades but the only ones I can find are the industrial box cutter razor bllades and I would have assumed that they are unsuitable for use on ones face; of course I could be wrong therefore I would be most appreciative if someone who uses one of these razors could tell me what type of blade I should be looking for and maybe, where I can purchase them.
Warm regards,
Alex

You can find the single edge blades in stainless steelat any WAlgreens for close to $5 for 10blades. Rite Aid carries the Treet brand single edge blade, but they are not stainless

AJS said:
Having seen a number of good reviews from various people using the GEM Micromatic and British made Ever Ready safety razors I am keen to purchase one for myself.

Could you please tell me where you found those reviews as I would like to purchase and try GEM razor myself. I could not search the forum for the word "GEM" since the search engine complains about the length of the word being too short.

I read one poster saying that his face looked like he was attacked by a vicious cat after shaving with a GEM razor which sort of dampened my enthusiasm. I am real curious what your expereince would be with GEM razor.

finegelernt said:
Could you please tell me where you found those reviews as I would like to purchase and try GEM razor myself. I could not search the forum for the word "GEM" since the search engine complains about the length of the word being too short.

The link with the grain posted to SMF was the review that picqued my curiousity when it came to GEM/Ever Ready razors. Otherwise, there aren't any proper reviews, just odd comments here and there on B&B and SMF, none of which I can find now. However, everything I have seen about these razors has been complementary so I would be interested to know where you saw the negative comments. The main reason they interested me was because I am still struggling with getting a consistent angle on my DE and the GEM/ Ever Ready razors are supposed to be much easier when it comes to getting the angle right.
I still haven't got a single edge razor for myself, being in the UK I am trying to find out about getting the blades imported. I would be interested to here comments from anyone else who is using them though.
If you do a search for Ever Ready Razors or GEM Micromatic instead of just GEM you might have more luck finding out about these razors. I found most information by doing a search for British Made Ever Ready Razor.
Warm regards,
Alex

Top Bottom